Unable to set the correct time

• 4 Replies

Offline sgresu

Unable to set the correct time
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »
Hello all,
I want to set some schedule but there is no way the monitor(samsung dm48e) get the correct time.
I tried to enable/disable the automatic timezone on the server but the monitor is always 1 hour earlier. Even the DST was enabled and disabled, but nothing changed. setting the time on the monitor, after a while, will result again in time mismatch.
what is the correct way to set the monitor like the server?

thank you very much

Offline sgresu

Re: Unable to set the correct time
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:42:53 AM »
Here are some pictures of the server and monitor

Hello all,
I want to set some schedule but there is no way the monitor(samsung dm48e) get the correct time.
I tried to enable/disable the automatic timezone on the server but the monitor is always 1 hour earlier. Even the DST was enabled and disabled, but nothing changed. setting the time on the monitor, after a while, will result again in time mismatch.
what is the correct way to set the monitor like the server?

thank you very much

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 08:33:29 AM »
The schedule will always look at monitor time so it's important to have them in sync with the server as closely as possible.
We usually put the monitor time in on "manual" mode instead of auto, since the auto feature looks at a different server clock than the MI server.
Usually when set to manual and connecting to the MI server it'll adjust the clock for you (a short message when starting the player saying 'adjusting clock') based on the server time.

Hope this helps

Offline zaromarco

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »
Good morning we bought 4 lfd DB40E and one DB55E but then i have found that there is no setup for time sync via ntp into lfd menĂ¹...
if power goes down , time and date are not correct anymore when power will be restored so the schedule will not run correctly.
do we need to install magic info server just for time sync? lite version will be ok or do we need to purchase the S version?
if we setup lfd to connect to the server are we able to use again magic info express software to download content into each lfd?because i don't understand if content uploaded to the magic info server are downloaded inside the lfd or continuosly streamed via lan and wan...and for us this must be avoided.
P.S: how much will cost license for magic info server premium s for our 5 lfd?
please let me know

Offline gzeus

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 10:38:29 PM »
device take server time. set tv time to manual.

on server in device area pick device and edit. then setup and pick correct timezone. now device will correct time from server

fix!