MagicInfo Express, problems on Windows 10

• 5 Replies

Offline paulgraz

MagicInfo Express, problems on Windows 10
« on: May 16, 2018, 07:00:41 PM »
I do IT support for a small business with a single Samsung digital signage display (RM48D) and they use a single PC running Magic Info Express to load slides into it over the LAN.

It's all worked pretty well for about 2 years now, but the latest Windows 10 updates seem to cause issues.

So I upgraded MagicInfo Express to the latest version.  (Build 3.0 1011.8, which seems to be from November 2017)   I found that the end user now has to right click and "run as administrator" to even get the app to work.

Once it comes up, there are red exclamation point icons on her schedules.  And the schedule comes up missing days, so she adds them back in and clicks save - and it says "saved successfully".  But then when we try to upload it to the screen, it gives an error that reads "Unable to find the file that is included in the schedule. Please check the file"

Also, if you go back to the home screen and start over, picking that same schedule, it's once again missing days - even though we just added them back in and saved them.

Lastly, when on the upload screen, the device shows as "RM48D, Storage: Internal 226.73MB/254.44MB"  - is that first number showing space used or space available?  If the former, perhaps she's simply run out of space?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance!

Paul

Offline paulgraz

Re: MagicInfo Express, problems on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:02:56 PM »
OK, so it's become clear to me now (after reading some other threads here) that my issue is space - or actually the lack thereof. 

The internal storage on the TV is full.  Now what I need to know is - how do I clear it out so we can start over?

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 07:40:22 AM »
Hi Paul,

Perhaps you could try to factory reset your screen to clear the storage.

Kind regards,
Pepijn.

Offline paulgraz

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 03:08:28 PM »
Yes, I wrote to Samsung and they sent instructions on how to do that.  It seems a bit crazy to me that this is was the way it was designed, I guess I'm going to have to do a factory reset every 6-12 months from now on.   >:(

Offline paulgraz

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 05:04:55 PM »
The Mystery continues:  The factory reset did NOT clear the memory!  And now my client is getting annoyed that this issue isn't getting resolved quickly.

See attached image - this is after the factory reset!

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 07:44:07 AM »
Dear Paul,

I am using MagicInfo server, when I am looking in the device (screen) menu on the server I have the option to clear the storage.
Parhap you can find this menu item.

Kind regards,
Pepijn.