newbie questions - 460TSn-2

• 5 Replies

Offline [email protected]

• Major Guru
newbie questions - 460TSn-2
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:01:38 AM »
Hi All,

I'm in charge of this new display, purpose of the dept. here is simply to avoid people connecting their laptops and plugging infected usb keys for presentation...

but I want to set the whole environment to avoid double work in the future...  ;)
I made a 2003 srv VM set up, and everything seems pretty fine.

here comes the display, which has been wall-mounted already installed  :o
I solved some network issues, some trusting was necessary to make MIPro server reachable.

1) local credentials (Administrator/000000) were changed to fit in a domain user....
- a wrong password is now prefetched in the XP login, so I have to re-type;
- though I selected Player as default mode and committed my changes, MIPro doesn't start, not even in systray
- I can access the client, but in Player mode, access to Setup icon fails, neither new or default password are correct

2) in Player mode, touchscreen capabilities are disabled, which sounds odd to me, since I suppose that's the main interface users will work with

3) tried to install Office viewers and acrobat reader, but local drive seems quite reluctant in terms of free space...

The workflow I'd like to realize is:
- people book the conf.room and hand the content (PPTs, web pages, flash objects) over to us to be pre-loaded in the library.
- we set the timer on (and off) for the display
- users browse the library in Player interface and use the content (hopefully with touchscreen option)

thus having no IT moving to conf.room and no user scrambling the display

Thanks for your help,
Andrea

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: newbie questions - 460TSn-2
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »
Hi Andrea, sounds like a great idea-there should be loads of space left on the drive although it may need the partitions resizing to give more room on the C drive.

We are thinking of getting a couple of these touch screens ourselves, so just to clarify, does the touch screen stop responding when magicinfo pro is running?

Many thanks

EricL

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
Some updates:

- reinstalled 3003.0 client (released yesterday), default pwd was reset to 000000, at least I can access Setup menu under player interface.

- it seems no touch is available in Player menu, user is supposed to browse using remote ctrl arrows.

- now I have MagicInfo icon in systray at any restart, though when I try to access setup from here I get a "An unsupported operation was attempted" alert box; that's the main issue now, since I can't define server locations.....

Andrea

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:13:45 PM »
Hi Andrea, sounds like a great idea-there should be loads of space left on the drive although it may need the partitions resizing to give more room on the C drive.

We are thinking of getting a couple of these touch screens ourselves, so just to clarify, does the touch screen stop responding when magicinfo pro is running?

Many thanks

EricL

investigating on that, on Monday I'll have the tech support here to clarify this

Andrea

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 12:01:06 PM »
Hellp everyone, the touch screen capability is on the TSn monitors, but of you are using the MagicInfo pro player, you MUST make your content interactive. This option is available on both Flash content and also web content. Use Input Enable as ON.

Bill

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »
Hellp everyone, the touch screen capability is on the TSn monitors, but of you are using the MagicInfo pro player, you MUST make your content interactive. This option is available on both Flash content and also web content. Use Input Enable as ON.

Bill

thanks Bill, I see I have touch screen capabilities only into open documents (DOCs, PPTs, etc.), but I have to use player thru remote control;

about the rest:

- Player has reborn by downgrading to client 2505.6, the last having both scheduler and player.

- solved partition problems using Easeus software, resized 2GB/2GB without scrambling pagefile and other stuff.

- connection issues were due to network filters, though in Samsung documentation you have no hint about which ports have to be opened; as a rule of thumb, launch a CurrPorts session on MIPro server, it'll tell you what service is running on which port, and then define firewall/switch policies accordingly (all proprietary, starting 51000, 52000, 53001, 55001, 56000, etc.)

BR,
Andrea