Move license

• 3 Replies

Offline wireman121

Move license
« on: November 11, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »
I’m in the process of taking over a client that has existing magicinfo displays attached to his own server.  I’d like to transfer them to my server. I see the option to “return license” and am wondering if that will allow me to use the same license key on my server to add them or if, once the license is returned, a new one needs to be reissued?  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Move license
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:32:35 AM »
Dear Wireman121,

Please find the information you need about returning a license in the following link:
http://displaysolutions.samsung.com/docs/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2066018

Kind regards Pepijn.

Offline wireman121

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 10:48:07 AM »
This doesn’t help because it says “once authorized on one computer, licenses cannot be used on other computers” and then says “return a license if you want to move the activated software to another computer...”. So does this mean once it’s returned it can be activated on another computer, or once returned I need to obtain a new license??

Once authorized on one computer, licenses cannot be used on other computers. Return a license if you want to move the activated software to another computer or if you no longer use the license.

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 12:49:09 PM »
Return license means the following:

- That you no longer use the license on that machine and want to deactivate the license from that install
Then you have a valid license available which is not registered on a machine

- When you have a new machine/ install you can use the license that is free/ returned because it is not registered to a machine or install.