What are the file limitations for presentations?

• 0 Replies

Offline jbruyet

What are the file limitations for presentations?
« on: September 28, 2018, 06:03:27 PM »
Hey all, we're using MagicInfo Express 2 v3.0 1001.8 to create and push out our presentations but we're having problems. If a presentation is created in Office 2010 it works most of the time but if it's created in Office 2013 it never works. Our current process is to create a Power Point presentation in Office 2013 (we've gotten rid of Office 2010, for now...), save it as a "PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation (*.ppt)" and then do a Save As to a Windows Media Video. This has worked in the past but even now it's not always successful. We either get an error saying "Error occurred while saving" or we get the presentation finished but once it's pushed out the displays are blank. I can hit tools on the display controller and choose the presentation, when I hit Enter it even looks like it's going to run but the screen remains blank.

I haven't seen much helpful information in the manual. Are there file limitations in types? For example, does it prefer .png over .jpg? Does it prefer .avi over .wmv? How are the rest of you creating your presentations? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe B