MagicInfo Express 2 version 3.0 1011.8 can´t make loops?

• 1 Replies

Offline Sandstorm

MagicInfo Express 2 version 3.0 1011.8 can´t make loops?
« on: August 22, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »
Hi, all!

So, a couple of weeks ago I installed MagicInfo Express 2 version 3.0 1011.8 and now it is impossible to make the videos I am sending to my displays go in a loop. They run one time and the screens go into white and stays like that.

Very strange and even more frustrating as I am depending on my four DM48E-displays to communicate with my customers in the streets.

I have tried to contact Samsung (wow, that was a complicated process and it took forever to get help) but all they could advice me to do was to uninstall MagicInfo Express 2 version 3.0 1011.8 and install it again. I waited 23 minutes for that advice. So no more calling Samsung to get help.

I do not understand why this is happening, and I am now considering uninstalling MagicInfo Express 2 version 3.0 1011.8 and installing MagicInfo Express 2 version 2.6 1010.9 again to see if this solves the problem.

When I go into the depth of the Magic Player archives on my displays I can not see any file in the schedule-map, and something tells me this is the problem. I have tried so many times to create my videos again and with a new schedule, but nothing helps. The software send my videos through wifi to a USB-stick on the display and this goes just fine, but no schedule is sent with the package.

All right, maybe somebody has the same issues with the new version of MagicInfo Express 2 and has some advice for me?

Thanks in advance!

Sandstorm from Norway 8)

Offline Sandstorm

Re: MagicInfo Express 2 version 3.0 1011.8 can´t make loops?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 01:42:26 PM »
Hey! :)

It actually looks like I have figured it out! So here is what I have found to be the solution, just in case others have the same issue.

I used MagicInfo Express 2 to make my video and schedule. I think there is a bug in MagicInfo Express 2 that makes the program NOT transfer the Schedule-file using Wifi, my video get sent and ends up on my USB-stick on my DM48E, but there is nothing in the map called "Schedule". But since you can make your own schedules using the software on the DM48E, I tried that instead of thinking about the schedule-file that is created using MagicInfo Express 2. So on my DM48E I pressed "source" and found "Magic Info S" and then "exit" to get to the setup, then "schedule" and there I chose Storage-USB and then made "channel 1" and found my movie-clip (also on the USB) and then chose the "all-day"-option on "Channel1." You can then go to "Player" and choose Storage-USB and then find your movie-clip and voilá it will play forever!!

Why and how this happend is hard to say, but there is something with the use of MagicInfo Express 2 version 3.0 1011.8 that sends the latest firmware to the monitors (1040 I think it was) and when you try to send your movie-file using wifi to the display it will only transfer the movie and not the schedule-file. I never had to bother with that before, it always worked and my videos played loops until the cows go home. Full internal memory in DM48E? No, I even tried to factory-reset the displays, this did not help.

Again I must say that trying to contact Samsung support for businesses was a sad affair. No help yet and it has now been 4 days since I wrote my email to them. Oh, well. It worked out in the end...