Locked Out DC55E / DC49J

• 5 Replies

Offline grant

Locked Out DC55E / DC49J
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:41:46 PM »
Have a few DC55E and DC49Js.  I locked out the settings in MagicInfo to prevent tampering, including the power button and remote functions.

Uploaded an on/off schedule, but the screens never came back on, and now will not respond to the remote. 

Tried Mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power to perform a factory reset, but the IR indicator just flashes quickly any time it receives a signal.  Your help is appreciated.

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Locked Out DC55E / DC49J
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 03:51:03 PM »
Dear Grant,

This is a nasty situation, you need to find yourself the MDC software. Then you can connect to the screen with a Windows computer via an RS232 connection, in the MDC application, you can reset the display again.

I have heard different stories about this that it sometimes works out of the box and sometimes gives you no connection to the display but it is worth a try.

Kind regards, Pepijn.

Offline Standtheman

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 07:12:33 AM »
Have you found any solution to getting your remote to work again? I am in a similar situation. Thank you

Offline domhampton

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 06:48:19 PM »
hi,

i have the same issue.  Managed to get a copy of MDC by googling (a lot).  I proved it worked on another screen and got that to turn on and off.

It seems my problem screen wont respond to button presses, IR or RS232 rendering it useless.  Surely there is a secret key press to reset the screen or just to get it to boot.  I can see the need to to disable all the client facing items, but allowing you to disable rs232 while not auto booting or checking for a valid schedule seems madness.

As all i have now is a large door stop any help apricated.

Offline domhampton

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 07:07:03 PM »
So the good news is that this has been solved.  I thought i'd share my findings here.

The safety lock feature and button lock feature will brick the device if you don't have a valid timer set, which with my testing happened a lot as the schedule rarely sticks as i assume most people use present manger and not editing them individually as i did which seem to fail a lot.

Even with the button lock (conterintuativly) set to on you can power off the device with the power button, but not back on.  Which has to be a bug surley?

I also found a couple of key presses that didn't work for me but may help others
 Mute 1 82 power on
and the lesser published
Mute 1 4 7 enter

But the one that kicked both my bricked screens into action was

Menu 987 Menu Info Exit Mute

Samsung support where pretty amazing, replying 4 times on New years day and fixing it on the 3rd!

Hope this helps someone in the same bind as i was

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 08:56:50 AM »
Dear domhampton,

Thank you for this information, surely this will help a lot of users.

Kind regards, Pepijn.