Initial setup worked, reset is not working

• 1 Replies

Offline gerdau

Initial setup worked, reset is not working
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:25:32 PM »
I've been working with MagicInfo Pro for awhile now and gotten used to many of its quirks. Unfortunately, I had some issues with my scheduling computer and had to restore it. I lost everything. Since the restore was done, I reinstalled the MagicInfo program, but I cannot get the monitor to see the "new" computer. The settings are correct as far as I can tell - connecting directly to an IP address (public) on both sides.

If I remember correctly, the first time I set it up, the monitor and the scheduling computer automatically connected. Is there something simple I'm overlooking?

Also, I'm still running MagicInfo Pro 2000. Would everyone agree that this is the time to upgrade to MagicInfo Pro E?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Initial setup worked, reset is not working
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:55:14 PM »
Hi, yes the server and client will connect to each other automatically but if you have used a specific ip address it should work fine. Try disabling the firewalls (server/client) just while you try it then see if you can get the two to connect.

I would definitely update as the newer version has lots of improvements--[just to check, are both your server and client the same version? if not it will cause problems]

There is a link somewhere on here for the new version direct download.