Am I doing this right :-/

• 1 Replies

Offline FiveonaBike

Am I doing this right :-/
« on: November 09, 2020, 05:08:54 PM »
Hello,

Some context to the situation I find myself in...

So we are a video production company, one of our clients decided to install screens and use Samsung Magic Info, we have ended up running it and I wanted to sence check we are doing this in the right way.

When the company installed the Displays they did not install the file server, which we ended up doing. We brought a small cube PC and hooked it up to the same network as the Displays (which we have had to connect to the wifi) Everything is generally working at the moment, we have had a few issues in the past. So we connect to the PC we installed using Google Chome Remote Desktop, then we use the web browser to login into Magic Info, make playlists (mainly videos) Set the schedules etc. One thing that keeps popping up is client access to a 'live stream' the client lives nearby and is frustrated at having to walk to check what's playing on the screens;

Question 1 - Is there a way to generate a "this is what is live right now" type of playlist? Just a simple link we can send the client. At the moment we have to export a sequence and upload it to Vimeo and we often find this creates errors or lots of changes are made and things get out of date quickly.

Question 2 -  We seems to have problems with any video files that are over 15mb playing on S3 screen, which seem to max out the RAM and just skip files or crash altogether.

Question 3 - Can you create a live view of Instagram?

Thanks in advance for your help.

FYI - We could do with someone who might be able to take over this project for us so let me know if this is something you might be interested in.

This is an example of the type of content that is up on the screen - https://vimeo.com/476395858/4f3d2bbc37

Cheers York

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Am I doing this right :-/
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 03:42:40 PM »
Dear Fiveona,

Please see my answers below.

1. When using the Premium license you have the Remote control functionality, this is not available when using the Lite connection.
2. We always advise to keep the videos as small as possible and also use the application Handbrake. It can happen that when haveing different framerates with the videos the player gets stuck.
3. I believe Instagram has changed their policy and you should contact them.

Hope this has helped you.

Kind regards, Pepijn.