Video wall low resolution problems

• 4 Replies

Offline FrankieWalks

Video wall low resolution problems
« on: April 14, 2022, 08:41:43 PM »
Hey! Me and my friends did a video wall project last year. We are total newbies and some things went..not wrong but could have gone better and I wanted to ask this forum if you may have any tips for us, to improve what we already have. We know that you can spend a looot of money on these things but we were on a budget and now we're kind of "suffering the consequences".

So we built a mobile exhibitions space last year including a video wall consisting of six Hisense 70AE7010F TVs (70 inches each). We placed them vertically on three walls in a U-Shape, two on each wall and a company connected them all with a set up of a media player, a LAN switch and each tv had its own receiver where the signal was send to. So the media player split the one video we put in into six pieces.What happened, and what we did not see coming , was, that even though these TVs are 4K we can only show hd on them now and since these are normal TVs and no expensive digital signage displays, I was told afterwards, that the pinq rate is not high enough for everything to look smoothely because you can see a little delay where the tvs touch. This is also something we only noticed after everything was paid for and set up.

Maybe you have some advice for me, is there any way, to improve the quality of the tvs to at least full hd?We sat down again this year and thought maybe there's even a simpler way to do this. Maybe you could export the Video in 6 parts, that will fit the format of each TV on portrait mode. Put a USB flash drive into each TV rotate the video and, I don't know if this is possible, but sync them somehow so you can start each video at the same time?

Do you think, ths idea could work and do you know a way, to sync the TVs, not with them playing the same video but different videos? or do you think we should stick to the first set up or is there a way to improve this set up? if you need more technical details, I could add them later!

I would be very thankful for any advice!Sorry if my English has some flaws, I'm from Germany :)

Hey! Me and my friends did a video wall project last year. We are total newbies and some things went..not wrong but could have gone better and I wanted to ask this forum if you may have any tips for us, to improve what we already have. We know that you can spend a looot of money on these things but we were on a budget and now we're kind of "suffering the consequences".

So we built a mobile exhibitions space last year including a video wall consisting of six Hisense 70AE7010F TVs (70 inches each). We placed them vertically on three walls in a U-Shape, two on each wall and a company connected them all with a set up of a media player, a LAN switch and each tv had its own receiver where the signal was send to. So the media player split the one video we put in into six pieces.What happened, and what we did not see coming , was, that even though these TVs are 4K we can only show hd on them now and since these are normal TVs and no expensive digital signage displays, I was told afterwards, that the pinq rate is not high enough for everything to look smoothely because you can see a little delay where the tvs touch. This is also something we only noticed after everything was paid for and set up.

Maybe you have some advice for me, is there any way, to improve the quality of the tvs to at least full hd?We sat down again this year and thought maybe there's even a simpler way to do this. Maybe you could export the Video in 6 parts, that will fit the format of each TV on portrait mode. Put a USB flash drive into each TV rotate the video and, I don't know if this is possible, but sync them somehow so you can start each video at the same time?

Do you think, ths idea could work and do you know a way, to sync the TVs, not with them playing the same video but different videos? or do you think we should stick to the first set up or is there a way to improve this set up? if you need more technical details, I could add them later!

I would be very thankful for any advice!Sorry if my English has some flaws, I'm from Germany :)

For more pictures you can find the project on instagram "zwo70.art"

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Video wall low resolution problems
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 01:20:29 PM »
Dear FrankiWalks,

Please inform us with some more technical details, as far I can read now you are working with Hisens screens.
Can you share the following
- Are you working with MagicINFO?
- Are you working with what kind of players/ media box?
- When you are working with MagicINFO how have you set up this video wall Daisy chain etc.?

Kind regards Pepijn.

Offline FrankieWalks

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 03:09:43 PM »
Thank you for your response Pepijn!

No we are not working with MagicINFO.
This is our set up:

1x Smil Player PRO III 4K Ultra Performance Media Player, True 4K/60fps full screen smooth video playback, HDMI 2.0, H.264 / H.265, MPEG 2 / 4 AVC, incl. 8GB local storage, incl. Wi-Fi built-in, HTML5, Android 4.4, Bluetooth low energy beacon, 3.5mm analog stereo audio out PN: XMP-7300 (https://smil-player.de/produkte_IIIpro_4k.html)

1 x LionDATA AVX-4K2K Audio/Video Broadaster over IP Ethernet, Transmitter/Sender, 1xRJ45, 1xUSB, 1xRS232, HDMI-IN, LDA-DIG-AVX- TRA-LO-04k/IP HDMI (https://liondata-digital.de/pdf/LionDATA_AVX-4K2K_de.pdf)

6x LionDATA AVX-4K2K Audio/Video Broadaster System over IP Ethernet, Receiver/Empfänger, 1xRJ45, 4xUSB, 1xRS232, HDMI-OUT, LDA-DIG-AVX-REM-04K/IP HDMI

1 x Switch 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch (Plug-and-Play)

To prepare the videos I put them in "SignApps Express" then on a flash drive and into the player...

I hope this already helps a little bit..

Thank you!

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 12:10:05 PM »
Dear FrankiWalks,

Then I am sorry to report but I cannot help you with this because I have no experiences with this set-up you have.
Good luck.

Kind regards Pepijn.

Offline SaDiKoFF

• Super Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 04:29:04 PM »
The visual idea is good, however you had to make more technical research.
There are many ways to make a VideoWalls. Resolution-image quality does not matter on the TV, in depend mainly on the source or signal.

1. The   *CENSORED*  way is using a very nice PC(i7 and up) with a graphic card with 4 HDMI/DP out for 4 TVs or Monitors, however it depend if the videocard driver function to stich monitors as 1. Normally Nvidia cards can do that. In any case you will  *CENSORED*  usage issues on the run.
2. Using simple VideoWall processor. Normally they offer limited configurations like 2x2 and 3x3, same as 1 on the short term you will  *CENSORED*  issues.
3. Signage monitor with VideoWall function. This is a little better since you have less equipment and components to fail, but image quality could be an issue. In this case you can use MagicInfo Server Premium but price will go up.
4. Hire a professional AV Company, like us =)  for full assessment on this project.

Regards,