iPlayer help

• 1 Replies

Offline kaiserghetto

iPlayer help
« on: March 31, 2021, 10:05:34 PM »
Hi folks,
I have a small MagicInfo project and looking to reutilize a few displays with an existing server.  I don't have the budget to buy Samsung displays so I was hoping to reutilize some existing displays, download and install MagicInfo iPlayer 6 on an external device, connect via HDMI and good to go.

So, I started by testing the iPlayer on a VM with Win10 1909 Enterprise but had some weird behaviors with the iPlayer as it would constantly crash.
I then tried a AKLWY Mini PC Stick Pocket PC with Win10Pro, but I couldn't get the iPlayer to even start on the Win10Pro. 
I lastly realized that the display I was going to use had a Win7 Embedded and got the iPlayer to install and run, but the MPListener/MPEventReceiver constantly crash, and the fact that it comes with IE6 really makes me think the Win7 Embedded is a bad idea.

Can I NOT use iPlayer on a not Samsung Windows computer? What am I missing?

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: iPlayer help
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 03:56:22 PM »
Dear Kaiserghetto,

Yes, you should be able to get I-Player running on any windows machine (I have it running on my Windows Home Lenovo Laptop). I do notice I-Player has some trouble starting up after that it can run smoothly.

When using the older Windows version I also experienced older version of I-Player will work better.

I hope this will give you some trust again in using MagicINFO.

Kind regards Pepijn.