• 4 Replies

Offline ChuzpZz

Videowall Upgrade
« on: August 17, 2021, 04:41:21 PM »
Hi Guys,

we are currently in the process of upgrading our videowall from
SBB-D32AX2/EN
SBB-SS08N

I noticed the new ones only come with HDMI output. Which is fine.
1 Have 12 Samsung LH48UEC Displays. They are in a 4x3 Pattern.

Well, my Boss just ordered 12x SBB-SS08N and I have to get it running now.
I registered all SBB's in my Magicinfo Server (V8 20.1010.7)
Now i dont have a wall, I've got 12 seperate Displays.
I wanted to use VWL Layout Management  (create--> new) but when I try to access it I get this Error:
Dispays cant be updated count of slave devices: 0

Please, can somebody point out what I'm missing?
I tried autoassigning ID's to devices, but every devices comes back as 1.

Thank you!

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Videowall Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 02:41:29 PM »
Dear ChuzpZz,

I am not sure if SBB will support the video wall functionalities. Normally when using an SBB the screens are connected in a daisy chain to function as one. Whit this method you only need one SBB that pushes out the content and the screens are connected with the in and out ports available on the screens themselves.

Perhaps you can also try to update the firmware off your SBB and upgrade your MagicINFO installation to the latest version 20.1010.10 and try again. But I think this will not help you.

I hope this information helps you.

Kind regards,
Pepijn.

Offline ChuzpZz

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 02:54:28 PM »
Hi Pepijn,

thank you for your post.
I understand that.
The UE46C supports daisy Chain via Displayport. Thats how I now connected them.
So Bossman is happy that it's working again.

Anyway, i noticed the resolution of the videowall is different.
What I cant wrap my head around is how it worked beforehand. I know they were chained using displayport and Displayport to DVI Cables (from Left Top to Right Bottom) but every SBB (D32CV2/EN) displayed its own Display.
That was running since 2014...

I somehow understood that nowadays the daisychain method is HDMI,sadly these displays only have 1 HDMI Input and no output, however, while using all these displays I would like to have the maximum resolution possible, which I guess would nearly be 8k (1920x4)?

Or would it be good to upgrade the wall and remove the remaining 11 SBB's as lesson learned?

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 10:32:35 AM »
ChuzpZz,

Indeed you need need to play with the content, as I understood it is possible to put content with a high resolution in a content container. I do not know how you can do this perhaps Google can help you with that.

Also of course the screens are old and it can be wise to see returning the remaining SBB and replacing the screens. Then it would be best to start a discussion with your hardware supplier.

Kind regards,
Pepijn.

Offline SaDiKoFF

• Super Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 04:38:48 PM »
Hello ChuzpZz. I guess in 2014 you used "MagicInfo VideoWall" with "MagicInfo VIdeoWall Author". On that decade, VideoWall Author was able to cut, stich, crop, resize, etc high resolution images for the videowall to look nice.
Current MagicInfo Server have some changes, where you need to use custom made content and sync function, or make additional serial connection from Screen to player and setup in magicinfo to use VideoWall Layout. Some times is not user friendly, but we can offer you a remote support on that.