MagicInfo

• 3 Replies

Offline wukat

MagicInfo
« on: November 08, 2022, 03:28:02 PM »
A company currently hosts MagicInfo V8 for us and we have some Samsung screens which are recommended for MagicInfo.

We recently purchased a Samsung TV which is connected to the network/internet and has the Tezma store, so, can we install the MagicInfo app to the TV and then link that to the MagicInfo server which is being hosted for us?    As our hosting company says no.

If not,  can we :-

Stream via the TV web browser
Stream via a Firestick with an android app

Or what is the best way to stream onto a different device?

If we can't make the solution work with different devices then I think we must rip it out and change solution. The Samsung solution seems great, but not every device we add can be Samsung MagicInfo kit. 

We get zero help and support from out MagicInfo hosting company, to be honest they seem a bit shady.  I am hoping to find out if we can work out a solution and then find a new host ASAP.

Thanks

Offline wukat

Re: MagicInfo
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 04:35:37 PM »
I forgot to mention that the TV is also Tizen compatible. 

On the Samsung website Tizen compatible devices are regarded as supported signage players

Is this an option to us?

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 11:12:23 AM »
Dear Wukat,

For my understanding, only Samsung Signage players are compatible with MagicINFO.
Tizen OS runs on many Samsung products.

Please have look at all the Samsung signage products.
https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/main/index

Kind regards, Pepijn.

Offline SaDiKoFF

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 04:33:28 PM »
Wukat, Samsung TVs does not work with Magic Info.

Magic Info works with professional signage Monitors with player Only and there is nothing you can do.

It is very common mistake that customer purchase any TV in local stores and then want to make use them as signage.

Tizen is a Linux based proprietary OS.

Regards,