No content showing in Playlist Edit / Cannot Add to Playlist from Content tab

• 4 Replies

Offline sandersonMMA

Very frustrating. I have 8 Playlists for our annual Trade Show starting tomorrow. A new piece of content (image) has been uploaded to the server. If I click on the new content and select Add to Playlist, no playlists are showing in the window. If I go to the Playlist itself, it says Upload Content using the Content Menu and doesn't let me see any of my content there...

I REALLY do not want to have to recreate all these playlists, simply to add another piece of content to them.

This is a new install of MagicInfo 8.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Dear SandersonMMA,

Perhaps the new images have a different configuration than your other images.
Please check if you can find any differences.
MagicINFO can handle best:
RGB color
max 72 DPI
max resolution 1920x1080 or 1080x1920
JPG and/ or PNG format

Kind regards, Pepijn.

Offline sandersonMMA

Exact same format. All work on playlists but they do not show up in the playlist edit window as addable content. Nor can I add to Playlist from the Content menu. The only way to get something in a playlist is to select what I want and Add to New Playlist. Which, of course, I don’t want to have to recreate a playlist just to add one item to it.

Offline SaDiKoFF

• Super Guru
Hi, there are some possible reasons:

- png files only works in premium mode
- jpg files work on lite and premium mode
- if Playlists are created as lite and the picture is png, it will not appear

Regards,

Offline sandersonMMA

Hey, 8 months later, but still appreciated. Thanks for the tip. I believe all our images are PNG and we are using Lite. So that seems to be the answer. We ONLY use the MagicInfo system and displays once a year at our annual conference, so I will try to remember this in December!