Magicinfo server is loosing players

• 11 Replies

Offline sagili

Magicinfo server is loosing players
« on: June 29, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
Hi all,

I have Magicinfo server with several screens and experience this odd phenomenon:
Every few seconds (between 5-60) the server losses connection with the players for about 1-2 seconds and gain it back again.
I have tried testing the connection with other tools and it seems to be stable (1 Giga network).
This phenomenon is constantly preventing me from publishing contents to the players for the connection usually brakes wile in publish mode.

Any thoughts about how fixing this problem will be granted with big thanks :)

Offline n_rothstein

Re: Magicinfo server is loosing players
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:30:03 PM »
I am having the same issue.  I can usually solve it by rebooting the screen in question.  Due to location,this is easier on some than it is on others.  I know this isn't much help, but it is always good to know it isn't just you.

Offline sagili

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:20:06 AM »
Well,  as you guessed it is not possible to restart most of the screens... so knowing I not the only one with this problem doesn't really helps me but thanks anyway...

I will be happy to know that someone had this problem and solved it without the need to occasionally restart the screens. this is a big issue and may be a deal breaker on why not to use Magicinfo at all.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
I haven't seen this issue, but I can undestand it being annoying and disconcerting. I have been using MagicInfo pro for ages and not experienced this problem. I would only suggest that you ensure having the correcty versions of the software, I use 3003 for client and 2508 fior server.

Also, some data switches may have issues so although the LAN maybe ok, the switches do strange things sometimes. What make are they and are they managed switches?

Bill

Offline Mozza

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:59:13 AM »
Are you running any anti-virus or firewall software which could be interfering ?

Offline sagili

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 05:52:46 AM »
Are you running any anti-virus or firewall software which could be interfering ?

NO AND NO

Offline sagili

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 12:30:35 PM »
I haven't seen this issue, but I can undestand it being annoying and disconcerting. I have been using MagicInfo pro for ages and not experienced this problem. I would only suggest that you ensure having the correcty versions of the software, I use 3003 for client and 2508 fior server.

Also, some data switches may have issues so although the LAN maybe ok, the switches do strange things sometimes. What make are they and are they managed switches?

Bill

I currently use 2507. Where can I get the 2508 version?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »
Ok, I got even a newer version! Here is: 3003!

http://www.mediafire.com/?tz4zzm3tkwg

Bill

Offline sagili

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »
Ok, I got even a newer version! Here is: 3003!

http://www.mediafire.com/?tz4zzm3tkwg

Bill

I have this version already.
What I dont have is 2508 server version....

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »
Many thanks Bill :-)