3 x 1 video wall

• 3 Replies

Offline papabenj

3 x 1 video wall
« on: July 02, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »
Hi there, looking for some advice.

We are looking to add 3 side by side displays to our reception area (3 x 1 is the space we have available). Im just trying to work out whether MagicInfo is for us? We are not looking at doing live feeds from the web or anything, just images and movie clips (it is more of a design / aesthetic feature rather than informational).

What we would ideally like is to not only feed single images & movies to the individual screens, but also to span those across all the 3 screens. I have seen this done in some of Samsung's product shots, but I have watched through some of their flash helps on the Samsung site, and the Powerpoint presentations on here (very useful otherwise BTW, thanks) and cannot figure out whether this comes from the Server software or you have to set it up in the MagicInfo-I software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: 3 x 1 video wall
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 05:35:05 PM »
Ben setting up a video wall with MagicInfo pro is easy. I have exactly one like you said, 1 x 3 in a portrait mode. I can send you some images if you want. You need to organize the Group Setting and then allocate (drag) the displays in the Group you have created. You must name them as appropriate so tyhat you know their position and where they fit within the video wall, e.g, top, middle and bottom.

You need to create a template, by first creating a Workspace for Video Wall and then either do a Photo or a Movie. From what you said you wanted to use simple portrait pictures, and will look great on a 1 x 3. I cannot send you my content as it is company specific, but I can send you something different if you want. Where is your country?

With MagicInfo pro (or MagicInfo I) you can do video walls easy. If you want to I can send you my settings and see what you think.

Bill

Offline gqelements

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 06:36:56 PM »
Ben setting up a video wall with MagicInfo pro is easy. I have exactly one like you said, 1 x 3 in a portrait mode. I can send you some images if you want. You need to organize the Group Setting and then allocate (drag) the displays in the Group you have created. You must name them as appropriate so tyhat you know their position and where they fit within the video wall, e.g, top, middle and bottom.

You need to create a template, by first creating a Workspace for Video Wall and then either do a Photo or a Movie. From what you said you wanted to use simple portrait pictures, and will look great on a 1 x 3. I cannot send you my content as it is company specific, but I can send you something different if you want. Where is your country?

With MagicInfo pro (or MagicInfo I) you can do video walls easy. If you want to I can send you my settings and see what you think.

Bill

Bill, so is it accurate to say that Magic Info Pro can deliver and manage video walls that are not in 16:9  aspect ratio w/out any stretching/etc? Samsung Canada seems to insist that only 2x2 3x3 and other 16:9 aspects are possible

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 02:57:18 PM »
You can do what you want with video walls. What I am saying is that MagicInfo pro will use the screens to make a video wall, and any content will be scaled according to the video wall you have set up. If you have a 2x2 or a 3x3 or 1x3 it does not matter. A landscape video will look just fine in a 2x2 or 3x3 video wall, but it will be scaled and look odd in a 1x3 video wall.

Incidentally, the maximum number of screens you can do is 5x5, e.g. 25 screens.

Bill