MagicInfo Pro Crash

• 4 Replies

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
MagicInfo Pro Crash
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »
I'm have a 2 over 2 setup running MagicInfo Pro (latest version 3003) and it will run for hours on the displays and then the "signagescheduler.exe" will crash causing the affected display to stop running content. This happens on all of the screens except for the master and only while playing video.

I'm encoding MPG files that run flawlessly. There are no sych issues like I had when I was using WMV files. The CPUs were running hard with WMV, but they are at a much more tollerable percentage level now with MPG.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Also, the reported time in the library for my video files is always shorter than the actual length. A 30 second clip is reporting to be 27 seconds. A 15 at 13 seconds. This is cutting some videos short. Would love some advice regarding this issue as well.

Has anyone seen any actual software for MagicInfo Video wall? The screen shots are nice and all on the Samsung website, but some actual downloads would be better. UUggghhh!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: MagicInfo Pro Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:31:53 AM »
Hi,

I have not had any issues so far running the latest version.

It may be worth allowing windows messages to be shown on the screen to see if you will get any error messages as a clue when the screens crash. Normally the error messages are suppressed but the option is available in the Remote Management/MDC/Windows - in the column named Window Message choose the option "off".

Another option is to check the Windows error log file before rebooting (otherwise the file will be lost due to EWF).

To open Event Viewer, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.

2. In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

The Application, Security, and System logs are displayed in the Event Viewer window.

EricL

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:30:09 PM »
Here are the screen shots of the error.

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
And here are some log files showing the crash.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:42:55 PM »
Hi

OK, I have been thinking about this and we did experience some issues a year or so back with flash causing just one screen to crash for no apparent reason.

I could not figure out what it was (and I tried everything including reinstalling/updating client software/deleting everything on C and D drives-running off a USB stick etc.) and in the end I got so frustrated I resorted to the last resort  :D

I took an image from one of the faultless screens and completely re-imaged the dodgy one-never had the same problem again!

Sooo. what was the problem, well to this day I still don't know but I suspect corruption somewhere on the solid state drive-I suppose just like any other pc corruption can occur even though it's extremely rare.

Like I say the screen is still working with no issues to this day (fingers crossed)  ;)

Maybe your solution could be to image the iffy screens from your screen that works flawlessly-if it's the same content on all of them they should all work flawlessly  :)

EricL