scheduling on 400MXN

• 2 Replies

Offline Stephen3

scheduling on 400MXN
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
Is there a way to the monitors to display T.V. for lets say 5 min and then display images to run for the rest of the scheduled time? I have tried setting the times in the left panel of my screens but no such luck. Is this possible with the screens I have or am I just not setting it up correctly? ???

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: scheduling on 400MXN
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:22:59 AM »
Hi,

if you can set up an input source area on your template screen then it should be no problem. I am not 100% sure if you can do that on a 400MXN but hopefully you can. You also need to feed a suitable signal into the screen from an external source such a a FreeSat box or similar.

Set the background time of the screen file to run for the overall time, say 1 hour (0-60 minutes).
Create an input source area the size you require.
Set the input source area source option to the correct input eg HDMI then set the run time to 5 minutes (0-5 minutes).
Create an image area in a new layer the size you want.
Set the image layer to run for 55 minutes 5-55  minutes).
Set the schedule to run for the time you want during the day eg 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Publish the screen file to the clients.

EricL

Offline Stephen3

Re: scheduling on 400MXN
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:33:41 PM »
Thank you Eric for the reply. I'm thinking that a lot of the issues I'm having are due to the way our IT guys set the monitors up. Im not saying they did it wrong but it has limited the funtions that I can do with the monitors. Thank you for the help though!