Best way to display a webpage Full Screen?

• 4 Replies

Offline oneseventeen

Best way to display a webpage Full Screen?
« on: October 23, 2009, 08:12:15 PM »
We've got a 46" samsung running MagicInfo Pro and we currently have a single screen on a schedule to display the same web page for 24 hours at a time.

The TV will blank every few days and sometimes I have connectivity issues between the TV and the server.

Is there any way to tell the TV that if MagicInfo is on that it always displays this certain web page?  Without the need of a server?

Thanks!
(this software rocks! I just haven't had the time to read all of the features)

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Best way to display a webpage Full Screen?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:16:27 PM »
Hi, if you set the screen to start up as a player instead of a scheduler I am pretty sure it will play the same screen file each and every day. I am not sure exactly how this is done because we have only ever run our systems with a server based schedule, however the option to start as a player only is available on each screen so it should be pretty easy to do. Let me know for future reference if you go down this route how difficult it is and if it works. (I am unsure if you will need to save the changes using the EWF function before rebooting-if it reverts to starting as a scheduler again then you do) Thanks  ;D

EricL

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 09:30:35 PM »
I forgot to say-the software is very good once you learn to use it properly-in my experience on this forum a lot of users have a quick go at it then find it a steep learning curve and start to blame the software for their lack of knowledge. We run over twenty screens and have very few problems. Considering the software comes with the hardware and there are no extra licences to buy (to do anything other than a run a simple loop) like some other digital signage stuff available it is excellent.

One other thing, the quality and viewing cone of the magicinfo pro screens is second to none-whatever angle you look at the image it remains sharp and perfectly lit-try doing that with a bog standard panel connected to a PC!

I should say, no, I don't work for Samsung  ;D but if I was a magicinfo pro / magicinfo-i salesman I should think I would have no problem shifting large numbers of these screens-it appears to be a high quality product with good manufacturer support of the hardware and development of software. It's not a simple system to get to grips with immediately but once you get fully into it the possibilities are pretty much only limited by the users imagination  :D

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:30:32 AM »
Well said EricL, I agree entirely. I use MagicInfo Pro all the time, and for me it has been great. This is free Digital Signage software and it is as good as one makes of it. I have seen some ppt files with training somewhere. If I find it I will try to post it somewhere. There is a dealer who has had training from Samsung directly and given the ppt files to us. How can one post them on this forum?

Thanks,

Bill

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »
I will add my vote to the previous comments, our system is working well now and we can see the potential for expansion and instant updates of content simply by creating out own web page content and linking to them through magicinfo pro. We have rss feeds on many pages including stocks, weather, local and international news-all this content effectively updating itself and being free! Once the initial capital expense is paid out there are very low running costs to maintain the network-mainly just scheduling maintenance.

Hi Bill, thanks for the posts you have put up with the latest magicinfo pro version software and manual [downloading it as I type]-poking about on this page I found by clicking on 'Additional Options' at the bottom left you can attach files to a post ;D