What is the Upgrade process?

• 4 Replies

Offline ssmiley

• Major Guru
What is the Upgrade process?
« on: July 21, 2010, 10:15:39 PM »
I've looked at the downloads on samsunglfd site and didn't see client or server downloads for magicinfo pro e.

What is the update process?

I currently have magicinfo pro e 2503.0 running on winXP.
Have 4 of the 320mxn and 5 of the 320mxn-2 that are all running different client version.
First 4 are running client 2503.0 and other newer ones running 3000.1 and 3001.0.

Is it a matter of updating the server first, say to 2507 and then simply choosing update in the remote management?  If I recall, that was what we did it to go from older version to 2503.
Can the server verison 2507 push out an higher number client version like 3001 or so?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: What is the Upgrade process?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:06:16 PM »
Hi

as far as I am aware the server will only update the client to the version bundled within it.

If you have a poke around on here you will find Bill Coral has uploaded different versions of magicinfo pro to a remote host.

You may find a more recent version on there.

Be careful though as not all server/clients work with well with each other.

Alternatively give Samsung Corporate a call and check the latest versions that are recommended.

EricL

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
Just to clarify, you can also of course update the client manually, you don't have to get the server to push it out if you wanted to test first on one screen before rolling it to all..

EricL

Offline ssmiley

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 02:34:34 PM »
Looking at home this weekend, I did find the site of Bill?s uploaded files. (Thank you Bill!) 

The readme file read:
   Installation program of MagicInfo Pro Client Version 3003.0
   If you want to update and are using 250X version,
   uninstall 250x version and install this version.
   but, If you are using 300X versioin, Samsung recommand to use the patch or upgrade package.

One of the other files on Bill's site was a McLcRegister . exe.  Do you have any idea what this is for and when to use it in the upgrade process?

Thanks
Smiley

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 04:46:03 AM »
You are correct with the upgrade comments!

The McLcRegister.dll and .exe files ensure that old versions of monitors can take the new software only on Samsung monitors ensuring this is their product. Samsung do not use this anymore as it is done through the code of the new version of the software anyway.

Bill