network drive empty through Magicinfo pro!

• 7 Replies

Offline techguru

network drive empty through Magicinfo pro!
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
Hi guys
I am really stuck
My files are updated remotely on a network drive

The drive is mapped to the computer with Magicinfo on

Unfortunately when trying to access the files through the library, the drive shows as empty??

The content is there outside of magicinfo, and I have full rights to the files

This also seems to happen with folders on the desktop?

cheers

Offline techguru

Re: network drive empty through Magicinfo pro!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 01:25:34 PM »
From what I can see, If the files are not in a folder on the root of C:\ they will not show in the Magicinfo Library!

Is there any solution to change the default?

Offline Knothaid

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
Is anything a Windows 7 machine?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 11:10:33 AM »
Hi

I am not sure if I understand the question.

If you can install Windows 7 onto a PC with a high enough specification to run it correctly then it would be classed as a Windows 7 machine.

EricL

Offline techguru

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »
Im afraid its not a winodw 7 machine

It happens on every PC I try magicinfo on

Offline techguru

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 08:24:01 AM »
Im afraid its not a winodw 7 machine

It happens on every PC I try magicinfo on

Sorry I forgot to mention its XP and also 2003 server.
And Logged in as admin

Offline Knothaid

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »
Sorry I am so late on the reply...The reason I asked if any were a W7 machine is because W7 plays games with file locations. They don't always go where you think they should be or previously were in other OS. I also found the library browser quite cumbersome on a W7 machine because of this.

If it is doing it no matter the OS, then not sure. I wound up just created a Magic directory and storing what files I use there. Then if I need to install Magic Info on another machine, I will just copy that directory there or move it to the network and still have the same setup. Just remember that in my scenario, any move require you to register all files again.

Offline techguru

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 08:33:38 AM »
Sorry I am so late on the reply...The reason I asked if any were a W7 machine is because W7 plays games with file locations. They don't always go where you think they should be or previously were in other OS. I also found the library browser quite cumbersome on a W7 machine because of this.

If it is doing it no matter the OS, then not sure. I wound up just created a Magic directory and storing what files I use there. Then if I need to install Magic Info on another machine, I will just copy that directory there or move it to the network and still have the same setup. Just remember that in my scenario, any move require you to register all files again.

Thanks for your reply

I think I may have found a temporary solution, which could also benefit you as well.
If you navigate to "program files\SEC\magicinfo\"
within this, there are some access database files. These are the stored settings, including any registered files and paths. After locally registering the files, I was able to change the path to wherever I wanted. This didn't help me see the drive contents in library, but it remembers where my already registered files are in the new folder.