Uploading Powerpoints

• 14 Replies

Offline dm

Re: Uploading Powerpoints
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 02:06:23 PM »
Do I have to have PPT 2003 on the same computer that runs MagicInfo Pro or will it work if I just create the PPT in PPT 2003?

I have 2007 on the computer that runs MagicInfo, but I also have access to another computer that has 2003.

I'm not sure of the actual terms but lets call the software that runs on the display/sign itself the client.  Lets call computer running the authoring/scheduling application the server.

To run the powerpoint in a window on the client, you need to have PPT 2003 installed. (For the newer signs with the hard drive, this should not be a problem.  For the older flash based computers, space may be an issue.  Haven't tried it yet.)

On the server, you don't have to have PPT installed at all, but it may help to have it installed so you can edit you powerpoints and so on.  If you have 2003 it may preview correctly, but like you i have 2007 installed, so I get the navigation canceled and it PPT opens when I try to preview.  But the sign works just fine.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 06:42:32 AM »
I agree with the last post. I prefer 2003 and not 2007. Remember that the OS in these screens is XPembedded and there maybe issues with 2007, but can't be 100% sure about that.

Bill

Offline chriswhite

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 11:29:26 AM »
We had a similar problem moving from Magicnet X to Pro.

On X we used PowerPoint viewer - which took up little flash space. Now we are using Pro we have had to install 2003 which takes up room and sometimes for some unknown reason (answers on a postcard) crashes!

On our machines we have a C and D drive, the C is protected with EWF and the D isnt, we installed PowerPoint 2003 onto the D and it has enough space to run.

I would much rather run PowerPoint viewer, however we have a screen with different regions in i.e. PowerPoint, Web Link to Clock and a Title JPEG. We were told that Pro would be the only solution and that Pro only runs PowerPoint's via the full program. We we tried to install 2007 we were left with the problem of space so 2003 was our only option.

Offline n_rothstein

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 04:46:26 PM »
I have Pro on all of our monitors, and they run the Powerpoint Viewer 2007 just fine with PPT files created in 2007.

Offline ssmiley

• Major Guru
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »
I have Pro on all of our monitors, and they run the Powerpoint Viewer 2007 just fine with PPT files created in 2007.

What versions of MagicInfo pro are you using for the server and the clients?