multiple operators

• 3 Replies

Offline beakerav

multiple operators
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:43:11 PM »
Hi Folks
I had MIP runing on my PC and publishing to 4 x 400dxn displays, no problem for 9 months.
My boss want the system to be accessible by other colleagues so as to cover when I'm on leave and provide additional content but without sitting at my PC.
To that end I have now installed MIP on a "proper" server and currently got it communicating with 1 display (by running from server desktop).
I return to my office PC and when I run MIP remotely from server, it sees display but it is greyed out, so I cannot publish from my desktop or remote access it.
Am I doing this wrong?
How to get it working so a couple of people can run MIP from their desk machines to publish to all screens? (I appreciate if one user logged in then other one would be locked out from that monitor)
I look forward to reply  ;)
Regards to the Guru's

Offline n_rothstein

Re: multiple operators
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »
We have ours set up on a virtual machine in our server farm.  We access it using Remote Desktop Connection, with no issues.  It does only allow one person to be using the machine at a time.  Have you made sure that the monitors are pointed to the new location of MagicInfo Pro?  Is the new install the same version of MagicInfo Pro that you had on your desktop?  I can't think of any other issues off the top of my head.

Offline beakerav

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:29:38 AM »
Thanks for the quick response Ned
I never thought of remote desktop  ???
I'll check out the logistics with our IT guys, as long as it doesn't pose a security risk (in terms of the server being a pretty important item that can't be put at risk of a user/operator induced error  :-\ ) it sounds like a great solution.
I'll post back progress

Offline n_rothstein

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
That is one of the reasons we create virtual machines on a server.  Only the VM is being accessed.  The server itself is locked down.

Good Luck!