Scheduling content in MagicInfo-i server software

• 2 Replies

Offline hardyruth

Scheduling content in MagicInfo-i server software
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:55:53 PM »
Hello,
I am trying to schedule content in the server software.

Basically, I have schedulled content for today (published from MagicInfo-i Authoring software) and it is working fine. I can get it to go on at a certain time and can even switch the screen off.

However, I want to schedule a different news story to come on tomorrow at 7.00am but when I bring in my content and assign a screen for it to play on it overwrites my current schedule and wants until 7.00am to play the other news story.

I really want to plan stories in advance for different screens but each time I try to do this it overwrites the current content.

Can anyone help with this, it's very frustrating, to me, the whole point of a scheduling feature is to be able to plan items in advance.
Thanks
Ruth

Offline glen

Re: Scheduling content in MagicInfo-i server software
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:29:35 PM »
You need to just have one schedule, with different content on different parts of the schedule.  Select a schedule, click edit, highlight an empty part of the schedule, and add the new content.

I have my screens show special content at night, and more normal content during the day. 

Offline hardyruth

Re: Scheduling content in MagicInfo-i server software
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:11:10 AM »

Hi,
thank you so much for your reply, I've been on and off to Samsung for the past two weeks and couldn't get a simple answer like yours from anyone! I got it working, so thanks again.