Accessing screens in different buildings

• 5 Replies

Offline nofixta

Accessing screens in different buildings
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »
Hi,

We have had a 5 screen setup using Magic info for about 2 years, recently we have purchesed 2 more screens that are mounted in different buildings. I can VNC to these screens, can ping to and from them, but they never get registered in the magic info software.  I've tried using a server name and direct ip to the server, but still had no luck.
The IP address of the screens is fixed, the only difference in the network setting from the working screens is the gateway, could this be the problem?

Would installing Magic info i solve my problems? if so I assume I'd have to install it on all of my screens.

Is Magicinfo i free, I have an XP image from samsung that I used to upgrade from magicnet to magicinfo pro, is it the same procedure to go to magicinfo i?

Thanks

Steven

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Accessing screens in different buildings
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 06:11:16 PM »
It should work across the network if you can VNC to them and ping them, check your firewall settings, maybe you need to tunnel through the gateway, also check you have allowed it to pass through any censoring software you may have on your system.

Offline nofixta

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
Could it be that the extra screens are on a different subnet to the other screens?

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
That is definitely worth looking into imho.

Offline Mozza

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
Could it be that the extra screens are on a different subnet to the other screens?

Not normally a problem, across subnets the Server needs to be a fixed IP, the screens can use any IP you like, static/auto.

In the Magicinfo setup on the screens set them to connect via IP and not via server name, this IP needs to be your server's IP and it needs to be fixed. Make sure the MI Server program is also set to connection via IP in tools/option.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 06:48:06 PM »
MagicInfo pro won't work over different subbets. And some Forum members are quite right in that you can create a static IP address for your server/scheduler so that you can penetrate the LAn and allow the MagicInfo clients to connect to the serve5r/scheduler.

MagicInfo I is a different proposition. That product does not have issues with connectivity as the client is attached to a web server where the templates are loaded. You can download a free version for 60 days trial. Samsung did have a version which did not expire (version 1006), but they have withdrawn the software. I have posted version 1005.5 though to the Mediafire server and here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ubprr8j58mocj

Bill