Displaying a source from a box

• 17 Replies

Offline Scott

• Major Guru
Displaying a source from a box
« on: October 27, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »
Hi, i'm trying to get a source (such as AV,DVI) to display from an area box.  The source will be playing in this box with hopefully other media, such as a webpage and office documents.  I have heard this is doable but can't seem to get this to work, can can someone shed some light?
We have a 520DXn running the magicinfo server 2507.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Displaying a source from a box
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:28:15 AM »
Hi Scott, create a source area box then choose the hardware input source from the source list eg HDMI BNC Composite.. Then plug a souce such as a sat box into the chosen input on the screen and voila-it should appear with your other content  :D

Offline Scott

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply fluidium, but I?m still having some trouble.  I've confirmed that the input works full screen when I simply change source on the display, but when i try it in an area box I get "NOT AVAILABLE".   
I have also in fact cycled through all the available sources the area box has, but still no luck.  I've checked that I scheduled the right file at the right time since i see the other updates I?ve made.  I have also tested with only 1 area box displaying from a source, in case some of the other content was conflicting.

-Scott

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 09:13:02 AM »
Scott, I am afraid you cannot do this on the 52" monitor :-( It uses a different video scaller than the normal DXn units. Only the 40", 46" and 57" can do it.....

Regards, Bill

Offline austar

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 05:05:51 AM »
so should a 400MXn-2 be able to show content in a window using a HDMI source, as im having the same issue i can view the HDMI picture fine when selecting that input on the TV, but when using magicinfo-pro, i cannot create a HDMI source area window and get any picture, just a black screen.

Help...

Kyle.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »
The answer is NO I am afraid! Only the 40, 46 DXn and 40, 46 UXn units you can have PIP (Picture In Picture). This was a major issue for me, so I only have DXn and UXn units where I need to use the PC input and HDMI for setting PC Stats and also Sky on the HDMI. No other unit will do that I am afraid.

Bill

Offline austar

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 01:40:17 AM »
Hi again, i now have the new 46DXn panels, and i can see that they have PIP capability, however i cannot get magic info to show the source boxes. i can see in magic info in the settings area that the PNP is OFF and i can select from the drop down box to change the size etc, but it just goes back to Off.

Does the PNP need to be disabled on the Panel for Magic info to be able to use it, .. samsung have just replace all my MXn panels to DXn panels to resolve this issue, but i am still having issues...

any clues ?

Offline austar

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 03:58:18 AM »
sorry should be more specific....

We have had our 6 460MXn-2 TV's Swapped out to 460DXn-2 as the orignals could not do PIP via MagicInfo, Now Samsung have replaced these panels with new ones. We can now inject a PIP source via Magicinfo but only ANALOGUE, ie PC, COMPOSITE and Component, we STIILL cannot inject a HDMI source via MAGIC info.  it keeps coming up with "Not Available" when you first publish the screen then just goes blank. I have tried multiple sources of HDMI ie Bluray Set top box and sat boxes. all the same, i can however inject HDMI in PIP if i have PC as the source on the panel locally and then use PIP but not when using magicinfo...

Any Thoughts

Offline austar

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 06:32:52 AM »
I have had a reply from Samsung, which i really just dont understand,

i put to them the issue i presented here, ie not being able to have a source window on a template and inject HDMI on template. and getting the "Not Available"  My Understanding was that the 46DXn-2 were infact capable of this? this is there reply.

Thank you for your email.
Unfortnately, 460DXn-2 model is unable to support PIP on the DVI and HDMI source with MagicInfo source becuase of hardware limitation.
Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Justin Choi

Offline austar

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 06:49:15 AM »
Ok, so i sent a follow up email..

Are you able to confirm if there is any model that will allow HDMI to be used as a windowed source within Magic Info, I find it strange that you can select it as an available source when creating templates only to be told it?s a limitation on the Panel. These Panels are Brand new and were provided by Samsung directly to replace the MXn-2 Panels we had due to this exact problem.

Reply.

Unfortunately, we do not have any model which support PIP on the HDMI source with MagicInfo source. Because, MagicInfo soucre are using same HDMI line internally.

I have to say.. WTF ?? why would you use that port when there is only one anyway, why not use the DVI port and let people inject a HDMI source... i dont know if this is true, but surely a SENIOR ENGINEER would make this  *CENSORED*  up.... WAY  to waste 50 grand on TV's that were promised to be able inject PIP, and stupidly i thought, oh that must include HDMI.... End rant.. sorry. :'(