Noobie - 4x4 Videowall (Samsung UT Series)

• 3 Replies

Offline RoRK

Noobie - 4x4 Videowall (Samsung UT Series)
« on: August 23, 2010, 01:06:07 PM »
I may be working on a 4x4 videowall matrix with 12 Samsung UT series LCDs. Previous videowalls I've created content for have a spanning feature so that I only create a single 1920x1080 file.

Can the above hardware setup work similarly or do each of the LCDs need a different 1920x1080 image? I'm getting inconclusive information from my client. If I need to create separate 1920x1080 content for each LCD within the matrix, how are folks creating these and in which software. I'll be using Adobe After Effects.

Many thanks for any answers.
RoRK

Offline HandyMAN

• Major Guru
Re: Noobie - 4x4 Videowall (Samsung UT Series)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
Hi RoRK

The Samsung UT series includes a video wall matrix capability of up to 25 screens (5x5).
If using the UTN version you can use MagicInfo to configure and manage the wall, as well as create templates, deploy and schedule content to run. It effectively synchronises the content to run on all screens, but only shows a specific portion on each display.

The alternative to this is to use an external PC with multihead video card and special videowall software like MuVi Wall or Watchout. Adobe After Effects should be fine to create content and played back as a MPEG file.

Hope this helps.

Offline RoRK

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 12:01:38 AM »
If using the UTN version you can use MagicInfo to configure and manage the wall, as well as create templates, deploy and schedule content to run. It effectively synchronises the content to run on all screens, but only shows a specific portion on each display.

Hi HandyMAN, I take it then that I just create my presentation in After Effects in a single 1920x1080 composition and render out in the same resolution? IOW, I won't have to cut up the screens or work in a larger sized comp?

TIA

Offline HandyMAN

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
That should work fine.
 :)