Automatic Publishing

• 6 Replies

Automatic Publishing
« on: August 23, 2010, 10:12:17 AM »
Hi,

This is my first post to the forum, I have been working wiht Magic Info Pro now for a couple of months and I want to be able to automatically set the software to publish content to all 4 screens in my videowall at a specific time of the day.

Is this possible?

Regards

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Automatic Publishing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »
You can schedule for the all yoru screens to run digital signage content any time you want. I don't understand what you mean by automatic.

Bill

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply Bill,

I perhaps did not explain myself properly. Is there any way I can specify a time of day that the scheduler can 'network publish' the content to the screens without me manually having to press the 'network publish' button?

Thanks in advance

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »
Hi Richard

as Bill says:

Magicinfo Pro has a built in scheduler that you use to build your required daily messages in advance.

Is there a specific reason you need to publish at a certain time?

Many people use an external page/s that is/are updated dynamically rather than trying to get the MIP to do too much.

As far as I am aware there is no option for setting a time of day to network publish.

EricL

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
Thanks for the quick response Eric,

Not too worry. The reason is that I have a very intricate schedule with many different video walls changing into seperate screen displays from 8:00 until 21:00 and at different times of the year we have certain sections that need to be modified.

Whilst this is not a major problem Magicinfo Pro grinds to a halt (almost) when I try and schedule a weeks worth, this is a big pain for Marketing as they loose patience and end up not doing what they should!

I have since created a few MSSQL scripts that pumps the correct schedules into the Magicinfo Access Db every week and they can easily be changed on the fly depending on which template the college needs to use, this works really well but I obviously wanted a way to be able to publish the schedules after they have been injected into the DB.

No worries, I will just have to press the button manually until Magicinfo uses a sensible database technology.

Thnaks for your help.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:28:26 AM »
I know what you mean :-)

Maybe a crude but effective macro http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm might be an answer? Schedule it to run when you need to republish...

Just a quick thought  ;D

EricL

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »
Top man Eric,

Thanks for your help. Great forum!