monitors unexpectingly quit

• 2 Replies

Offline sccsoftcomputer

monitors unexpectingly quit
« on: August 26, 2010, 04:01:54 PM »
We have 3 monitors running at the same time. Sometimes a monitor will quit for no reason. Is this due to bandwidth? Or problems with the network? We are running some large flash files.

Sometimes when scheduling the icons will change back and forth from blue to gray, is this due to the network or is there something wrong with the installation?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: monitors unexpectingly quit
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »
This sounds more like your content to be honest. How do yopu create the flash files. What are they? Remember flash files are quite processor intensive. So they will take maximum resources from the screens who are in fact a small computer with limited ones, e.g CPU, memory, RAM.

I would use small flash files.

Bill

Offline colinsteadman

Re: monitors unexpectingly quit
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »
This sounds more like your content to be honest. How do yopu create the flash files. What are they? Remember flash files are quite processor intensive. So they will take maximum resources from the screens who are in fact a small computer with limited ones, e.g CPU, memory, RAM.

I would use small flash files.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I'm seeing this too.  But having looked at the processor graph in task manager while this happens, I can see that processor usage is minimal (well under 10%).  Could you suggest any other causes for this?  If I ping the screen continuously the replies come back <1ms, and none are lost, so it doesn't feel like its network related either.  Could it be the server?  We're running the server on an old AMD Athlon machine with 4GB of RAM... it doesn't seem stretched though and the CPU shows 0% usage when the screen icon grays out.

Any suggestions you have for troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin