Want to install to client using vnc

• 3 Replies

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
Want to install to client using vnc
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »
Want to install to client using vnc.

I want to install codecs and a powerpoint viewer using vnc.  I can vnc the client okay and view the drives etc.,  but haven't a clue as to how to transfer anything to it or install anything on it.  I tried dragging content from the server across but this is clearly not the thing to do.

The other thing is... how do I return the client to Magicinfo mode when I am finished using vnc (apart from re-booting the client)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

nolly

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Want to install to client using vnc
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »
Hi

if the codecs are available off the web then you can use the IE available on the client to access them. If not you need to share the D: drive on the network so you can create a path to it from another computer on the network. Another alternative is to insert a USB memory stick into one of the USB sockets on the client and tranfer the files that way.

You can also install a version of VNC that allows file transfers but to do this you would need to first do one of the previous suggestions.

You can use VNC when magicinfo pro is running and view the dektop if nessary by using windowskey + D.

If there is an icon on the desktop for magicinfo pro then double clicking on it will restore the show.

EricL

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »
Hi

if the codecs are available off the web then you can use the IE available on the client to access them. If not you need to share the D: drive on the network so you can create a path to it from another computer on the network. Another alternative is to insert a USB memory stick into one of the USB sockets on the client and tranfer the files that way.

You can also install a version of VNC that allows file transfers but to do this you would need to first do one of the previous suggestions.

You can use VNC when magicinfo pro is running and view the dektop if nessary by using windowskey + D.

If there is an icon on the desktop for magicinfo pro then double clicking on it will restore the show.

EricL

Thanks.

I'll give that a go.

nolly

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 12:00:02 AM »
If you have had the MagicInfo pro client running and you have escaped from it (Alt-F12 or Esc) then at the Windows bar near the Time, there is a MagicInfo Globe. If you right click, then you will see a menu coming up and you can re-launch the client without having to reboot. Any changes you make it will safe to EWF Commit and re-boot.

Another way to commit EWF is to do this:

Start --> Run --> ewfmgr c: -commit --> Ok

Bill