magic info pro server problems

• 5 Replies

Offline michael.free

magic info pro server problems
« on: September 24, 2009, 10:21:21 AM »
we have 4 screens around the college and server running info pro 2505.0 and it seem to work ok part from each morning it will not publish to the screens. and will only work after the magic info pro is restarted on the server end.
I have check all the screens and power save mode if off.
 ???

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: magic info pro server problems
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »
Hi, do you have the clients (screens) set to scheduler?

Offline michael.free

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »
I have them setup to automatic connected using the server name

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
Hi, what I am saying is is the program choice made when the screens start up set to scheduler ie right click on the magicinfo pro icon at the bottom of a client screen and there are three choices program/none:player:scheduler           The scheduler option should have a tick next to it.. let me know and I will try to help some more.

Best

EricL

Offline michael.free

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
it set to start up with scheduler running. if i restart the screen it will load up and start running what has ever has been schedule. the problem is when I come in to work the next day, the screen have loaded up with the scheduler running and only showing the magicnet flash logo and if i restart the screen there is no change. but if I go on to the server end and try to use network publish it show 100% publish complete but there is no change on the screens. if I restart the server end program log back in and then publish it works.

so it seem to be the server end.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:44:47 PM »
Ok, have you definitely set the schedule dates correctly, in other words is the screen file scheduled on the server to run at the time and date you expect to see it? Is it set to run daily? Make sure you are on the correct day when setting the schedule as if you have left the server application open for a few days it may still be showing the schedule from the first day...

Let me know

EricL