DTV Source in wrong position

• 5 Replies

Offline simonatk101

DTV Source in wrong position
« on: September 14, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »
I have just installed 3 x Samsung Screens across a primary school.  The screen in the staffroom has the in-built DTV tuner.  The other 2 screens are functioning beautifully.  Screen with the DTV tuner has two issues:
1.  When displaying the TV channel in a box as part of a larger screen this box appears in a different part of the screen to the saved design.  It is almost as if it is locked to appear in the middle of the top of the screen.
2.  Web clocks which function on the other two screens are not displaying: an error message appears in the  box.

Any suggestions?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: DTV Source in wrong position
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:14:56 AM »
Hi

not sure but I believe certain screens with built in tuners do not have the ability to set the position of the PIP (tuner). As they are new screens I would check with your supplier as if this is the case and that is what you have bought it for then it is not really fit for purpose and you should be able to change it to a different screen using an external source..

I would have thought that the clocks would be no different to the other screens-are they flash based? Are they .swfs that you publish to the client or are they drawn from a website? If the latter check your screen can connect to the internet OK and check the windows firewall and also IE permissions such as allowing access across different domains.

EricL

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 12:09:24 AM »
The CXn-2 screens are capable in displaying the DTV in a frame within a template. You need to set up the Source frame in a 16:9 manner, so the pixles of the frame have to be 'accurate' or thereabouts.

The clock in websites isn't a problem - I used to use the BBC one from the UK, however, it was too small to use. I only use FLASH clocks now (remember to set them to Flash Repeat to Once).

Bill

Offline simonatk101

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:19:41 AM »
Happily using the .swf clocks on my two other screens.  This screen not playing ball though!  It is possibly a firewall issue on the device itself so I have logged a call to have this altered. 

The issue with the DTV is that it will only appear in the top left or middle - we can't manipulate it around the screen whatever the ratio is.  Samsung have promised a call back shortly so looking forward to a resolution. 

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:28:01 AM »
Does your flash clock need a newer version of the flash player on that screen?

Check the version is up to date-if it works don't forget to commit using EWF.

Offline simonatk101

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 11:55:19 AM »
Will log a call about that too - very restricted privileges!