IE locking up

• 2 Replies

Offline razor777

IE locking up
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:28:21 PM »
Hello! I have (3) of the Samsung 400uxn-2 40" panels. Not using MagicInfo Pro yet just wading in the shallow end for now... My question - I'm using the panels with the embedded Windows XP and I'm not starting up any of the MagicInfo clients or anything yet. Basically have them on a wall and they are hooked to our network and continue to run a web page via IE in kiosk mode. Problem is after about 24 to 48 hours the IE browser locks and tells me it cannot display the page??? I VNC into the panel and network connectivity and everything seems fine. I restart IE in kiosk mode and everything runs fine for about 24 or 48 hours and then I have to perform the restart again. Any ideas why this might be? Should I have the panels restart after 24 hours or something? Looking into setting up MagicInfo Pro server and enabling the clients on the panels but not sure yet. We have been looking at some other digital signage solutions but going at it slow. Thanks!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: IE locking up
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:21:26 AM »
Hi

sounds like it could be a memory leak-maybe from the content you are running.

I would suggest using the daily timer built into the screens to close it down every day maybe at midnight or early morning then start up again later.

This will reboot the screen every 24 hours which should hopefully then run long enough to resolve your problem  ;D

EricL

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: IE locking up
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:02:56 PM »
Yes, I agree with EricL - it is a good idea to reboot he screens maybe once a day and during the night and you can do this through the scheduling tasks from Windows. This is what I do and I do not get any errors. This is a good routine to get into.

Bill