Power Point

• 4 Replies

Offline dnorris

Power Point
« on: September 27, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
What is the best way to publish power point presentations?  What I have done so far look really ugly.

Anybody have experience with PPT?

Offline DNA-Shawn

Re: Power Point
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:56:01 AM »
My experience is that you need to consider the output size, PPT is pretty good at scaling up the text but make sure your pictures have enough resolution for the large output size, ideally over 100 dpi.  I set my PPT to the exact measured size of my screen in Page Setup under file menu and this yields good results. I have been doing this for years when printing to plotters with similar results. Hope that helps.

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 11:01:03 PM »
My experience is that you need to consider the output size, PPT is pretty good at scaling up the text but make sure your pictures have enough resolution for the large output size, ideally over 100 dpi.  I set my PPT to the exact measured size of my screen in Page Setup under file menu and this yields good results. I have been doing this for years when printing to plotters with similar results. Hope that helps.

I have a 400CXn screen which has a resolution of 1366 x 768.  In Powerpoint 2007 the screen resolution is set up in Slide Show.  This exact resolution is not available.  The nearest are: 1200 x 768, 1152 x 864 and 1440 x 900.  Is the precise resolution available to you?

nolly

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »
Hiya

If your using Powerpoint 2007 open a new powerpoint slide.

Click on Design

Then click on on page setup to the far left.

edit the page setup to custom for a resolution of 1366 x 768 use
Width 36.14 cm
Height 20.32cm

This should work for you as we have the same tv resolution and this is the scale ive been using.

Let me know how you get on and best of luck.

Ewan

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
Hiya

If your using Powerpoint 2007 open a new powerpoint slide.

Click on Design

Then click on on page setup to the far left.

edit the page setup to custom for a resolution of 1366 x 768 use
Width 36.14 cm
Height 20.32cm

This should work for you as we have the same tv resolution and this is the scale ive been using.

Let me know how you get on and best of luck.

Ewan

Thanks Ewan.  I had always ignored that setting, assuming that it was related to printing slides.  I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks,

Nolly