Magic Info I Client Connection Issue

• 5 Replies

Offline dfrederiksen

Magic Info I Client Connection Issue
« on: September 30, 2010, 05:50:39 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have been working with around 22 of the Samsung 400DXN-2 displays with MagicInfo I.  I have recently acquired another 10.  Staging the systems has never been a problem however one display is being a real pain.  It will not connect with the server for approval.  I do not have the firewall on and can load the MagicInfo i server page on the display but the client will not connect to it.

I have performed several clean installs and even scoured the registry.  Can anyone provide some other troubleshooting tips to get this display to connect to the server?

Best regards,
David Frederiksen

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Magic Info I Client Connection Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »
You've tried the normal software fixes so it sounds like it could be a faulty NIC.

Not unheard of so get Samsung out to try a new one  :)

Offline dfrederiksen

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »
You've tried the normal software fixes so it sounds like it could be a faulty NIC.

Not unheard of so get Samsung out to try a new one  :)

I have now tried one right out of the box and it is not connecting for approval.  I currently only have 21 displays registered on the server so I don't understand.  I have rebooted the server and am able to access the admin page right from the display but the client does not connect (firewall disabled).

When you say normal software fixes, what are you referring to?

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:50:05 PM »
Hi-you said you have tried clean installs + registry checks-if the screens are all set up the same it would seem unlikely to be software..

However, as you have access to an alternative screen exhibiting the same symptoms it would now lead me to think it must be network or server issues.

Can you ping the screen from the server-can you ping the server from the screen?

Offline dfrederiksen

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 11:43:34 PM »
Hi-you said you have tried clean installs + registry checks-if the screens are all set up the same it would seem unlikely to be software..

However, as you have access to an alternative screen exhibiting the same symptoms it would now lead me to think it must be network or server issues.

Can you ping the screen from the server-can you ping the server from the screen?

Kinda weird, but I did another clean install with the same registry scrub and only change the server schedule connection URL to use a lower case "h" and it connected (From: "Http://serveraddress"  To: "http://serveraddress").  I am puzzled but don't care because it connected and is now working.

I appreciate your replies and attention.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:54 AM »
Excellent-it's funny how sometimes even the smallest things make such a big difference  ;D ;D

Glad you got it working.