Rotating RSS feeds

• 6 Replies

Offline rmoore

• Super Guru
Rotating RSS feeds
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:21:33 PM »
How can I setup a screen to rotate trough multiple RSS feeds? I am using news feeds and need to have the feed change to a different one after a period of time. Then start all over after the last one. I would like to do this in one screen instead of making a new screen to change for each feed.

Thanks
Ron

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Rotating RSS feeds
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »
This is easy Ron. Just when you create your RSS feed, then on the right hand corner where you see your 'paragraphs' select Screen, Enter your RSS feed on the RSS Value, and underneath it choose Direction from None to Right to Left. Adjust  to your liking, I normally do 90 speed, and use a Bold 24 Font size.

Does this help?

Bill

Offline rmoore

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 02:01:43 PM »
 Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. What I want is to run day MSN's rss feed for 10 minutes, then have it change to CNN's rss feed for 10 minutes.  Then eventually start over at the beginning. Can I layer RSS feed areas and have one turn off and the next turn on? I hope this makes more since. Thanks in advance.

Ron

Offline alumwell

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 04:25:12 PM »
The only way I can see how to deal with this problem is to create your template/screen twice. One has the CNN feed in your rss element and the other has the MSN feed. You would then need to schedule each for 10 minutes, one after the other.

-Rob.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:21 PM »
There is a way to do this.... Remember that normally when a template is created, this is for a whole hour. You can set your frames (photos, web, movie, office etc) to start and finish at a particular time. In fact I normally use a template that lasts for 4 hours and have layers of frames coming in and out. I will try to post some on a website so that people can use them.

Bill

Offline rmoore

• Super Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 01:48:58 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 09:58:20 PM »
There is a way to do this.... Remember that normally when a template is created, this is for a whole hour. You can set your frames (photos, web, movie, office etc) to start and finish at a particular time. In fact I normally use a template that lasts for 4 hours and have layers of frames coming in and out. I will try to post some on a website so that people can use them.

Bill
i'd like to see this.