Scheduling Forever 5 Minute Changes!!

• 3 Replies

Offline ddgray

Scheduling Forever 5 Minute Changes!!
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:40:11 PM »
Hello,

My question is specific to MagicInfo Pro scheduling.

I require the ability to alternate the display every 5 minutes.  Moreover I have 2 displays which have opposite alternating screens, so I essentially have 2 schedules.  I have set this up.   My problem is that I need to schedule this FOREVER into the future. 

Within the EPG view, for each cell (Time slice) in the time grid for the client, I have the ability to set the following:
  Periodic: Daily
  End On:  Some future date

The problem is that I have to set this hundreds of times for each cell (across multtiple clients due to alternating screens)  Each time I save a value that is in the distant future it takes 30-45 seconds to save.  On top of this the more I save the slower the application gets.    It is nearly unresponsive after saving too many values.  I can see that it is writing individual entries to the database for every single date in the future.

I hope/believe that I am using the application in the wrong way.

How can I schedule something to repeat?  Can I setup a single day, and make it repeat forever?

I noticed the reserve functionality.  Is this what I want?

Thank you VERY much

David

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Scheduling Forever 5 Minute Changes!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 06:10:40 PM »
365 days is maximum for scheduling.

Offline ddgray

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:52:39 PM »
That is good to know...thank you.

Can I setup a single day, then program it to repeat 365 times...or set the appropriate end date?

OR

Do I need to program each and every time slot to last for 365 days?
   Time Slot 11:00 am - 11:05 am  Periodic: Daily  Ends on: 10/7/2011
   Time Slot 11:05 am - 11:05 am  Periodic: Daily  Ends on: 10/7/2011

Im doing #2 right now, and  *CENSORED*

Thank you

David

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »
That is good to know...thank you.

Can I setup a single day, then program it to repeat 365 times...or set the appropriate end date?

You setup a single day and then set end date, that way your schedule will repeat every day until specified date. Also in order to be able to schedule one year in advance you have to change option "Set the default period of publishing schedule" to 365 since it is set to 7 days by default.