Screens Freezing

• 1 Replies

Offline utpb2010

Screens Freezing
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »
I am using this program MagicInfoPro to show upcoming events, photos, and schedules throughout different areas in our School... I really am having trouble with the following...

After I publish something to the Screens, they freeze up within 2hrs of showing... I do not understand how to fix this, I have tried alot of different things and they just dont stay running... also when this happens the ? comes up next to the monitors on the remote management here on the computer I work with to publish to all of them...

My question is can anyone tell me the default settings, or good settings for everything to run correctly, I just started this job at the school as a student worker and believe that the person before me messed up the settings and thats why this just isnt working correctly...

Also... I am running a schedule but it needs to change screens every 10 minutes... and run from 6am-8pm M-F, for 2 months... how do I do this... do i have to set each one up then change the start time and end time for every single one... if so that is ridiculous...

And last I would like to know if there is anyway to autoupdate the screens, as if I upload a few new images in one of the files that is already published, do I have to re publish everything or will it automatically show up that the files have been published and the new pictures will come up on the screen.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Screens Freezing
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:57:15 AM »
Hi

sounds like you are loosing connection with the server/clients. Has each client got a static ip-do you connect to the server using name or ip. Are you using the screens in scheduler mode?

Have a look here for how to set up a schedule http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,361.msg1646.html#msg1646

Normally you would republish to update files so the files are pushed to the client-you could set up a web area and link to the pictures or use the content server and update the files on that.

EricL