IE problems

• 13 Replies

Offline alumwell

IE problems
« on: October 30, 2009, 12:31:28 PM »
Hi,
We have everything up and running, however, because some of the template I made displays streaming videos through a web area we are getting an IE script error. This means that currently every hour, somebody needs to login and click "yes" to keep running the script and close the error window.

I have tried changing all the correct IE settings such as disable script debugging, untick display notification etc etc but had no luck. The Samsung signage OS is XP embedded and IE is version 6. Is there anyway this can be updated? Does it need to be updated?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: IE problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:09:52 AM »
How do you load your URLs? Is it through your PC? Do you have an HTML page that you point to? Or is it just a basic URL through he web?

Let me know. Bill

Offline alumwell

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:26:43 AM »
Hi Bill, it is literally a web area in the template with the url pointing directly to a website streaming flash video.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »
I wonder, it maybe that wehn you publish the URL through the monitor is not loading anything related to that URL. Has the monitor got access to the web? Is IE going through a proxy?

Bill

Offline alumwell

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »
There is no problem with the connection because the template is also running a few other web elements that work fine. It's a script error on the website that IE 6 does not like. The problem being, IE seems to be built into the xp embedded OS. Will this OS let me update to the latest IE without problems do you think?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 12:51:42 AM »
Not sure. I think because of the XP Embedded, IE will remain at version 6. You see, the issue here from what I understand is that the magicinfopro player uses the D: drive as a data drive and loads everything and writes everything to it. How do you load the URL, is it on a frame within the scheduler? Do you have any proxy installed?

Is it possible that you send me the filename.scp file so that I can check it? Do you know how you can do this? Go Library, Tools, Export and select the template. Then go to C:\>Program Files\SEC\MagicInfoPro\Export and send me the finelane.scp file. My address is: [email protected]

Cheers, Bill

Offline tonygee

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
I am having the same script issues when I play web content. The TV is connected to the web and there is no proxy. I have the IE script settings to disable, as well as on the server pushing the content. My only fo far has been to VNC to the TV and click on the script error. This is quite annoying.

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 07:03:30 PM »
This might be worth a try..

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel (or point to Settings, and then
click Control Panel).

2. Double-click System (or click "Switch to Classic View", and then double-click
System).

3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Error Reporting.

4. Click "Disable error reporting" to disable both user and kernel-mode error
reporting, or click to clear the Programs check box.

5. Click OK, and then click OK.

If it works don't forget to commit the change using the EWF.

Offline rhuets

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 03:07:50 PM »
I am sorry, I tried this but it doesn't work.
Still have messages "script error" with "expected object" when signage scheduler launches IE for web tv.
curiously, no error message when opening the same url manually in IE ( 6 or 8, result is the same with both).

I noticed I was unable tu use firefox, even if FF is my default browser, signage scheduler still use IE. I don't know how to change this setting.
Does anyone know ?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 09:45:46 PM »
You can use Firefox or any other program you want. You only need to tell MagicInfo pro to use the appropriate application. Open File Explorer --> Tools --> Folder Options --> File Types

Then select the appropriate file extention and then --> Change and that's it!

Bill