4 Monitors with the same time

• 8 Replies

Offline icortes

4 Monitors with the same time
« on: October 29, 2010, 12:08:36 PM »
Hi.

I'm trying to put the same time at 4 monitors but I can't do it, I have been investigating through the Tools menu, but I can't find anything to use Server time or something else.

How can I put the 4 monitors with the time synchronized!!???

Thanks!

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: 4 Monitors with the same time
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:25:44 AM »
Not sure I understand what you are saying.... If you mean to get your 4 screens on a video wall, this is pretty well document elsewhere. There is an ftp site in the UK http://92.48.120.45 that has everything including powerpoint with training material. See if that helps you.

Bill

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:01:03 PM »
Hi.

I'm trying to put the same time at 4 monitors but I can't do it, I have been investigating through the Tools menu, but I can't find anything to use Server time or something else.

How can I put the 4 monitors with the time synchronized!!???

Thanks!

I suppose they are on the same LAN. If yes then you need to setup NTP server and time will be perfectly synchronized accross your displays.
BTW why are you trying to synchronize time?

Offline icortes

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »
I suppose they are on the same LAN. If yes then you need to setup NTP server and time will be perfectly synchronized accross your displays.
BTW why are you trying to synchronize time?

Because we have to do something similar to a videowall, we have to put different videos in 25 different screens that start and end at the same time, so they have to be lauched at the same time.

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »
OK I understand but I'm not sure if this approach would work. Your computers would have identical time with one of them set as NTP server but would the software itself (MIP) start at the identical times? I think that there could still be slight difference because lack of software synchronization accross displays. I think that if you define a video wall group with your displays and then assign each of them different content that you would get what you need.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 11:44:49 AM »
Hi,

we tried running audio files that should start together and play in sync but just as mrmrva says we could not get them to start together properly-they were always just a tiny bit out of sync :-(  maybe the videos might even be worse still?!

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
You need to synchronise the screens and that is done through anm instruction (or setting) through the MagicInfo pro server. Login to the server --> Oprion--> Schedule and then select the Publish Scjedules at the same time. The default option is Publish schedules one after the other. See attached.

Bill

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 03:03:52 PM »
Are you sure that this option synchronises displays?

Offline HandyMAN

• Major Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 09:04:23 AM »
Hi Guys

This is good old fashioned networking !
Timesync is regulated by the server to all associated clients.
If you have a lan analysis tool set it to discover data packets sent to each screen, you will then see the timecheck to keep the screen in sync.
This does increase network chatter, but data switches are a lot faster and designed to take the load.

Hope this helps.

HandyMAN