2 Powerpoints on Magicinfo

• 3 Replies

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
2 Powerpoints on Magicinfo
« on: October 31, 2009, 12:36:54 AM »
I have just succeeded, thanks to this forum, in getting my 400CXn working.  I now want to set up 2 powerpoints to run simultaneously on the screen.  I did try this earlier but found that only 1 would run.  Before I waste time pursuing this, does anyone know if this is possible?

Incidentally I assume that it is not possible to preview a powerpoint presentation.  When I double-click on the powerpoint area on the screen, the presentation opens in the powerpoint application.

Thanks,

nolly

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: 2 Powerpoints on Magicinfo
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:30:06 AM »
Nolly, you are asking the system to do what it can't. There is no way you can have two PPT files showing at the same time; as simple as that. Remember that magicinfo player only loads applications that you ask it to. It doesn't anything else. How can you view two PPT files at the same time? You can load them, but not view them..... There are few things to consider.

1) If you want PPT files to be viewed on the monito, you need to install PPT viewer from the Microsoft website. The PPT viewer will occupy the whole screen. This is not a limitation of magicinfo, but from Microsoft who produced the viewer only to view PPT files in full mode
2) The magicinfo sever is capable in addressing a PPT file to be viewed in full modeIf you want to have the PPT or in a window. But you have to tell the server to put Viewer in OFFmode. There is a setting that you can do that, however....
3) You need to install PPT application proper on the screen. I have done this and it works perfectly ok for me,but I don't load any service paks as PPT gets too big and takes too much C: drive space
4) So you can view your PPT file in a window mode
5) There is not way for the PPT application to view two files at a time - how can that be? One way to tackle this is to save one of the PPT files into JPGs and thn use it as a photo frame
6) If you want to view the PPT file in a frame mode and without the bars then again, this is a Mcrososft issue, not magicinfo. You need to save the PPT file in Slide Show and tick it off from the PPT application. I can send you a picture the way I have done it.

I hope this helps, Bill

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »
Hi Bill, one way to show two ppt at once would be to convert the presentations to flash files by using an application such as i-spring ultra. Then you could create two flash areas on the screen and the ppt would show in both. Because you can resize the flash you can also make them smaller. One important thing to consider though is that the font size of any text will also decrease and may become unreadable if set too small.

ErilL

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 08:04:23 PM »
Bill & EricL - Thanks for your help on this one.  Since posting this problem, I ran into other problems with Powerpoint (including the screen disconnecting which was scary) and so concluded that the way forward was the conversion to .jpgs.  This seems to suit the screen well and I am really very pleased with the results.  I proceeded to have 2 independent sets of jpegs running.  I have decided to do this in future and forget about using powerpoint at all.

Thanks again.

Nolly