No Connection to a screen

• 5 Replies

Offline Lea_C

No Connection to a screen
« on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to all this so please go easy :)
Its been pretty plain sailing so far, but I have lost connection to one of the screens. The screen is just showing the windows logo at the moment, so the power is on. Magic Info is not recognising any connection to it- so the little icon is just greyed out. Would be very grateful if anyone could point in the direction of a solution.
Thanks, L

Offline steve2303

Re: No Connection to a screen
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
I'm fairly new to this also so this is just a punt...

If you can see the Windows logo it sounds like MagicInfo isn't running. Can you find it's icon in the system tray by the clock, right-click and select Run? Then see if your screen appears connected on the server.

Steve.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »
You need to provide more information. On what OS has the server/scheduler is installed? XP, W7 or Server 2003/2008?

Make sure that File and Print Exception is ticked on our Windows Firewall.

Bill

Offline Lea_C

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »
Its on W7. I was misinformed about what the screen was showing- it is actually showing our default screen for MagicInfo- so Magic Info must be on it. I just cant do anything with it remotely.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
Hi

check you don't have an ip address conflict, maybe setting an ip for the screen but the ip has already been allocated..

EricL

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 07:54:17 AM »
This is confusing. On earlier note Steve was in fact correct in identifying that the client isn't running. If it isn't then there is no way that the server will connect to the screen. If MagicInfo client isn't properly installed, then VNC won't be running either, and the only way to communicate with the screen is through RDP provided you know its IP address.

One more thing. You haven't changed the screen's OS, have you?

Bill