No Connection

• 4 Replies

Offline lslroc0

No Connection
« on: November 24, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
Today when I got to the office, the screens were all sitting on the Magic Info default screen.  The MIP software shows all three screens grey'd out like they are powered off. 

Server 2008, running MagicInfo Pro 2600.3 with 3 Embedded XP systems running the client 3100.1.  Up until today I have had no problems for years.  There is no IP conflict, I can ping each screen from the server and the server from each screen.  I can access the screens using VNC with no issue.  The firewalls on both the server and the screens are all turned off.

Please do not hesitate to ask for any more details, but I am at a loss.  I've rebooted both the screens and the server, double checked all the settings I can think of, prowled through these forums looking for someone else with a similar problem to find out what I'm missing.  Now I am just pulling out my hair, so any help you can give is much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: No Connection
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 03:10:24 PM »
Hi,

well, because each of your screens are all effectively working and you can access them it sounds like a server side issue-I wonder if anything has been changed on the network-a new router, new firmware, tighter security, new proxy, server privileges/rights and quite possibly ports that were open and have now closed-any of these could cause issues.

EricL

Offline lslroc0

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »
Unfortunately nothing has changed from the last time I connected the screens and published with Magic Info Pro.  Is there somewhere I can see what ports are utilized byt the software to talk to/discover the screens?  Perhaps another peice of software on the server has usurped the port.  (Another argument for virtualization!)

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:25:05 PM »
Hmm, there was a map of the ports used on here a little while ago kindly posted by Bill Coral but I can't find it-maybe these two posts will help a little..

http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,18.0.html

http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,173.0.html

EricL

Offline lslroc0

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
I resolved it through a work around.  I installed 2509b on my local windows 7 machine, and was able to take control of the screens from here.  I transferred the screen files that were in place to my local computer and my systems are back online. 

I will troubleshoot the installation on the server further, maybe just run a reinstall... but installations and reboots on production systems is not so easy to arrange.  This situation with it on the workstation will work better for awhile :)  Thanks for your help.