Magicinfo Pro vs Magicinfo-i

• 4 Replies

Offline Stephen3

Magicinfo Pro vs Magicinfo-i
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »
Hopefully this isn't to dumb of a question. What is the major differences between magicinfo pro and magicinfo-i? We are running screens with pro and need to get more of them, so curious to know what the differences are.

Thanks for your help!

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Magicinfo Pro vs Magicinfo-i
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »
MagicInfo-i Standard is discontinued. There is no more development including bug fixing for this s/w, and it is not distributing with new displays.
But Mii is better than MIP IMHO.
+ Web interface for server
+ more stable for weak networks like 3G, Wifi..
+ Author tool is more advanced
- no RSS element, but could be replaced with flash rss tickers.

Regards,
D

Offline jackso81

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:46:57 PM »
I am also curious about the various versions.  We have two new 460EXn monitors.  Software included from Samsung was MagicInfo Pro and MagicInfo-i Advanced Edition (Trial version - 60 days).

I am standing at a fork in the road.  Left or Right?  Anyone out there that can suggest which software to use would be helpful ?

Matt

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »
Please be aware that Premium does not support video walls. If you will need VW you will need to buy MagicInfo Video Wall s/w.

Offline HZM

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:36:21 PM »
Hopefully this isn't to dumb of a question. What is the major differences between magicinfo pro and magicinfo-i? We are running screens with pro and need to get more of them, so curious to know what the differences are.

Thanks for your help!

The history of magicinfo growing:
Magicinfo Net -> Magicinfo Pro -> Magicinfo i standard -> Magicinfo i advanced(not free) -> Magicinfo i premium(not free for more than 5 screen)

So... go for the latest version.