PowerPoint problem

• 18 Replies

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: PowerPoint problem
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 03:44:30 PM »
May I suggest using I-Spring Ultra to convert the files to flash then just drop them into your screen as a .swf..

It's what we do and nobody can tell it isn't the original power-point.

Quality is excellent.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 03:45:34 PM »
Should say it's what we do now :-)

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »
The only way I could get a presentation to work on our was by saving the PPP as jpg's, it saves them all in an individual picture then to add each jpg to the libary, then run them as a photo one after the other.  Spent hours messing about trying to get it to work as one file.

Thanks Alison.  I'm relieved to know that I'm not alone!  This is what I am doing at the moment.  It works very reliably, but is restrictive in terms of the transitions. 

I like London-I's idea.
May I suggest using I-Spring Ultra to convert the files to flash then just drop them into your screen as a .swf..

Quality is excellent.

This is not unlike Gerald's solution:

Hi folks,

just a hint - I had much trouble in converting Powerpoints to flash with adequate quality in the same context (viewing more than one PPT on a MagicInfo screen). Last week I came across the free beta version of Office 2010 from Microsoft, with the new PowerPoint 2010 (download from Microsoft's web site, will run free of charge for several months). There is a new option in Powerpoint 2010 - save presentation to Windows Media File (wmf). This creates a video file from your PPT presentation with all transitions, animations, sound, etc. in a very high quality. And the wmv file is fully scalable on the MagicInfo screens. Files are a little bit large, depending on the number of animations / transition effects, but the quality of the presentation is extraordinarily high - much better than everything we saw before with PPT to Flash converters. And yes, it allows you to run several presentations in parallel on the MagicInfo screen. We do that now for all our screens and do not use flash videos anymore. No separate viewer is required on the displays, it runs with the (current) standard configuration of MagicInfo Pro.

Sincerely

Gerald

I think that its time to give up on Powerpoint and try one of those methods.  Thanks all.

nolly

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »

Quality is excellent.

I have just downloaded & tried I-Spring Free.  It does the job, but packages the flash in a player with navigation tools at the bottom.  Can these can be removed in the Ultra version?

nolly

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 07:53:43 AM »
Yep, you can take everything off so it just plays the power-point. You can set quality/filesize and also looping. It will keep any transitions in the power-point and you can resize it to fit the available space on your screen (keep aspect ratio though). I should think there are other similar programs available, this is just the one we use and it works every time with excellent integration into the power-point application itself (produces another tool-bar for publishing and other options).

Offline geeman

• Major Guru
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »
Folks, Powerpoint 2010 has a feature that allows you to export your slideshows to wma file. Its really seamless. The quality is excellent. And it eliminates the need for iSpring.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
Hi geeman

I agree that would be an excellent alternative (I presume you mean .wmv not .wma though).

I believe you can export HD video with this option  :)

Offline tugi

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 07:33:26 PM »
It works well with ppt viewer 2007. no need of full powerpoint at all.
Please ajust settings of your ppt.
it must be continuous till ESC, without comments, and full screen.
Hope it helps
 :)

I am sorry but how to make it fullscreen? According to some threads, I should choose Browsed by Individual (Window), while fullscreen options exist at: Presented by a speaker and Browsed at a Kiosk. Thank you!

Offline TC1927

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 04:26:53 PM »

Quality is excellent.

Good Man! Works a a treat.