MagicInfo-i Premium

• 9 Replies

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
MagicInfo-i Premium
« on: December 20, 2010, 05:00:23 PM »
Is there anyone here who is using Mii Premium?
Any good feed back?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:32:13 AM by the master »

Offline Carl

Re: MagicInfo-i Premium
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »
Is there anyone here who is using Mii Premium?
Any good feed back?

I have installed the MagicInfo Premium in my pc and in two of my device (Samsung mxn-2 40').
But this is a beta-testing software?
I have spent a lot of time for configure the server, but without success.
There are various problems:

1.  The creation of layouts in pixel mode is impossible: once you have defined the layout and save it the program loose the scheme.
   2. The deploing of program (with full screen mode)some times works correctly, some times works in strange mode ,the lfd's contents made with Author blocking in random mode and the other contents (image) don't work (white screen)
   3. The CPU in the device with MagicInfo Premium client work costantly at 100% when the MagicInfo logo screensaver running. 

The Author software seem ok!     

I have test various installations, in 2 pc with XP Professional 32 bit.
I hope that Samsung resolve this problems, the Magic Info Premium is a great software!
Carl

Offline pachugonza

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
Hi, where do you find the MagicInfo Premium?
In the page www.samsunglfd.com, it isn´t available to download yet.
Best wishes....

Offline Carl

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
Hi, where do you find the MagicInfo Premium?
In the page www.samsunglfd.com, it isn´t available to download yet.
Best wishes....

Hi, you must write a mail to Samsung support centre, [email protected] if you stay in Europe,
later they ask you the serial number of the displays, Premium platform is free until 5 monitors.
Best Regards.

Carl 

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »
Hi, you must write a mail to Samsung support centre, [email protected] if you stay in Europe,
later they ask you the serial number of the displays, Premium platform is free until 5 monitors.
Best Regards.

Carl 

[email protected] this LFD and software support

Offline TechEndUser

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »
I'm looking to find some referrals from users on how they like Magic Info Premium.  We are looking at going this route and hoping to get feedback from other endusers.  Any comments? 
We've seen a demo from Brawn Consulting http://www.brawnconsulting.com which does the training and support for Samsung Digital product and they were great but definitely would like end user referrals.

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »
I just started using the MagicInfo I-Premium 2.0 edition at my work location over the past 2 weeks. Other than jumping through many hoops to get added to the Global Samsung Business Network website so I could activate licensing I finally have it up and running. Seems to be a bit flaky on the installation from SBB to SBB though. I had to revert 2 of my screens to an older version as the latest player would not run right on 2 of them.

As for the overall way it operates - I love that portion of it. I have them setup to play a slideshow from a shared folder location on our SharePoint server. When someone adds or removes slides I just republish to the server and it auto updates all my screens. Also have radar weather and weather widgets running on the screen as well. Easy to see your schedules and if the screens are active or not via a web browser pointed to your server. By far much easier to do updates that with magic info pro which I am glad to have gotten rid of.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:23:31 PM »
patrick, i'd love to see some screen shots of your setup, and to get more information about how to do the shared folder. unfortunately this forum does not allow private messages.

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 07:54:09 PM »
In SharePoint we setup a "Picture Library" and let one of our receptionists have rights to it. She then adds and deletes JPG slides from the picture library.

In my template I do the following:

1) Define a Config type of Media Slide and set Location to where I want the slideshow
2) In Media Slide set the Folder to \\sharepointsitename\PictureLibraryName
3) I have my slides set to 00:00:12.00 for the Slide Time
4) I do an Incoming Effect Name of Reveal::Wipe with a duration of 00:00:02.00 and direction of East

Whenever she adds new slides to the Picture Library she just opens MagicInfo Premium Author, opens the template and clicks on publish. The publish function will remove old slides and add in the new ones. It works very well.

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 08:02:20 PM »
In the attachment is my screen template layout. The slideshow is the large portion with the play button.
The upper right is a link to an animated weather map from intellicast.
The text on the bottom is a scrolling message to company employees.
The 2 images on the lower right are the Current Forecast & Game Day forecast (baseball or   *CENSORED*  depending on   *CENSORED* ) from Weather Underground
Then I have our company logo below that in the lower right as well.
I have 5 screens running this setup at 3 locations. In the future I'm going to modify it a slight bit to make it play slides for specific locations so that not all 3 will see slides unless its valid for them.