Install MagicInfo-i player on my own PC

• 5 Replies

Offline rlataste

Install MagicInfo-i player on my own PC
« on: January 10, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »
Hello,

I want to test the MagicInfo-i solution. For that, I installed the "server" and the "author" softwares.
I installed too the MagicInfi-i "Client" on my own PC with XP Pro with a non-samsung monitor. When I launched the appli, a message error occurs which tells me that my monitor is not a samsung.

Can someone help me about the way to install the MagicInfo-i client on my pc with non-samsung monitor ?

Regards

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Install MagicInfo-i player on my own PC
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:25:20 PM »
Hi

the newer versions of the Samsung Signage software require the correct Samsung hardware to work, the client needs to be installed on a Samsung screen.

EricL

Offline rlataste

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
Thanks.

I had a call with the support of Samsung, which spoke me about a patch to fix the problem. Is there a way to download this patch or to download an old version of magicinfo-i client without the restriction ?

Regards

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 06:12:58 PM »
Hi

not that I am aware of, sorry.

EricL

Offline Moe

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 09:32:08 PM »
This is also something we wanted to do.

We are still in our development phase and wanted to install the MagicInfo-i Client on several virtual machines as a testing environment. When we tried to execute the program, we would get a Licensing error. After talking to tech support they told us there are registry settings that won't allow the software to run on non-Samsung devices. Is the license tied to a specific MAC address?

Also there is a patch for the client software but works only on Samsung devices:
http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,103.0.html

As a result we've taken some of the monitors out of the box and have them sitting on a rack (see attachment).

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 08:00:37 AM »
EricL is quite right. The MagicInfo I client will not run on anything unless it is on Samsung screens. Samsung partner with other competitors (software) that run their applications on normal PCs and do not want to compete against them. In releasing their software to anything other than Samsung product, it will create partnership problems and they will not do it.

we have requested this at work, as we do have existing screens that do not use the Samsung Digital Signage, and I wanted to have the same. But Samsung won't do it.

C'est la vie!

Bill