Problems with flash on website accessed by MagicInfo

• 3 Replies

Offline tomk

• Major Guru
Problems with flash on website accessed by MagicInfo
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:10:06 PM »
My screen is setup to hit multiple webpages that I have written. Most of these webpages just have a flash slideshow that iterates over 6 images. These work very well.

I tried adding a .swf to one of these slideshows and this caused MagicInfo to remain on that layer/area of the screen for twice as long, causing that one slideshow to repeat and it sometimes gets cutoff before the end of the .swf. If I go to that url from my PC, the webpage works as intended.

I changed it so now I have 2 web areas on my screen that are set to hit the URL of 2 different .swf files. I have placed these as the last part of my screen. Now MagicInfo will only play 10s of the first .swf file and skip to the beginning of my screen.

Does anyone know why this would happen? Or have any suggestions for using flash videos on a webpage? Thanks.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Problems with flash on website accessed by MagicInfo
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 09:52:19 AM »
Hi-a couple of suggestions of things to check here-the timing of background of the layer of the screen file with the web pages and if running the flash within magicinfo pro as a flash area check the flash area is set to repeat once.

Offline Racky2

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 10:12:39 AM »
Just thinking out loud, as I've not even got my MagicInfo system yet... but as a developer I can tell you that is sounds like your Flash file might be pushing the screen's CPU usage over 100% and throwing off the timing mechanism. Flash is also quite difficult to integrate into a timeline as it doesn't have an actual duration, unlike other media files.

Sorry, that probably doesn't help.  ::)

Offline chaloupe

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 06:14:51 PM »
I have the same issue with a banner in .swf (64kb)

The screen will just freeze. I've tried as a stream and download. Both local and from an external server.