Magicinfo software support info needed

• 3 Replies

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Magicinfo software support info needed
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »
Hello

I wonder if anyone would know if Magicinfo Pro software supports progressive scan', and at what maximum 'frame rate'

Thanks
Ewan

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Magicinfo software support info needed
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:43:44 AM »
Hi Ewan

progressive scan is the norm for display on computer equipment such as the Samsung screens-the alternative is interlaced scan which would only be used for older cathode ray tube equipment, for example a television with a 'tube' screen. So the answer to your first question is yes.

The frame rate normally depends on which country's television standard the original source material has been recorded for, for example in the US it would be NTSC at 29.97 fps (frames per second) and in the UK it would be 25 fps. Modern computer systems can play video with even higher frame rates up to a limit usually determined by the size of the image (the more pixels the harder it gets) and the graphics card's capabilities-however it is not usually required in normal use.

To answer your second question newer Samsung screens are capable of playing High Definition video at the normal maximum expected rate of 30 fps.

I hope the above is of some help.

EricL

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »
Thanks as usual you provide the answer required!

God i love this site! LOL :D

Oh and happy newyear all!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
Glad we could help :-)

EricL