Stream Server suddenly stops working?

• 7 Replies

Offline TC1927

Stream Server suddenly stops working?
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »
Hi guys,

I've just tried to publish a new .scn file to our display screen, and although the schedule says 'publish complete' the display screen continues showing the default Magic Info screen saver. I have checked all the connectivity settings and everything is in the same state as it was (working fine) before christmas. It had been up and running for a few months before that with no problems, and I am the only technician here so am fairly sure nothing has been changed.

One thing I have noticed is the green StreamServer icon in the bottom right toolbar on the server appears for a few seconds and then disappears when Magic Info is launched. Also - I cannot see the stream server listed in  'services' under 'administrative tools' on the server.

Any thoughts/ideas much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Tom.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Stream Server suddenly stops working?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »
Hi

try deleting the file from the client's D dive via VNC then republish - if no joy try rebooting the server and client.

EricL

Offline TC1927

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »
Hi there - Thanks for your reply!

I deleted the file from the client D drive, republished and also restarted the server on which the scheduling is done and I'm still experiencing the same issue.

When I click 'publish', the progress bar (which usually goes green when publishing') stays grey and 'publish complete' appears after a suspiciously quick period of time... have tried re-creating the schedule and using different .scn files but no joy!

Thanks again for you help

Tom.

Offline TC1927

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 02:02:37 PM »
Have re-installed the Magic Info software and remade the schedule, and yet I am still experiencing this problem where it says 'Publish Complete' under the 'Result' tab in the schedule window, but no information is sent over to the client screen. I have checked in the client's D:/ under screen and there is nothing in there. I can remote access the screen and all the IP settings seem correct so I don't think it's a problem with our network...  ???

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as this is starting to do my nut!

Cheers.

Offline TC1927

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:20:54 PM »
Attached is a screen dump of the schedule and status bar if it's of any use...

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 03:02:07 PM »
Hi

are they all video files? Try renaming the original video files, then import them to the library then set the new files in your library as the assets in your template. Then save the template and republish.

EricL

Offline TC1927

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »
Hi Eric - thanks for your help again on this.

The majority of the files are photos with a few text boxes and an RSS feed. As I reinstalled the magic info software I have already tried starting again with a new library (importing everything in again), and re-creating  the screen file but still having issues!

I have had it working fine for months but it seems to have given up the ghost over christmas.

Thanks again.

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »
Could be port settings.

http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,427.0.html